KOCO Channel 5 TV morning host says her black co-anchor looks like a 'gorilla' during a news segment

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why?
Explain exactly why whites must be muzzled.

This isn't a discussion about abortion. It's about bigotry, and the white derived racist stereotype that black people are monkeys.

You’re still seeing things as black and white. You’re the racist.

I see it as what it is. A white person telling a black person they look like the gorilla on camera on live tv.

Don't get me wrong. My very diverse group of bros have very deep relationships. Military will grow bonds like that. We toss racist stuff at each other all the time just to bust balls. But it's strictly an us thing. That doesn't mean it's kosher to do it in public.

That also doesn't mean I think this lady is racist. I think she's more or less just a crappy work friend. She honestly probably didn't mean anything bigoted by it. It was just an unfortunate faux pas. I was just stating the obvious that it's not cool for a white person to compare a black to an ape in public, or in this case, on live TV.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This isn't a discussion about abortion. It's about bigotry, and the white derived racist stereotype that black people are monkeys.

I see it as what it is. A white person telling a black person they look like the gorilla on camera on live tv.

Don't get me wrong. My very diverse group of bros have very deep relationships. Military will grow bonds like that. We toss racist stuff at each other all the time just to bust balls. But it's strictly an us thing. That doesn't mean it's kosher to do it in public.

That also doesn't mean I think this lady is racist. I think she's more or less just a crappy work friend. She honestly probably didn't mean anything bigoted by it. It was just an unfortunate faux pas. I was just stating the obvious that it's not cool for a white person to compare a black to an ape in public, or in this case, on live TV.
I understand why it’s not cool. I understand why some people are offended. I’m saying they shouldn’t be. Let’s get past this crap.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I understand why it’s not cool. I understand why some people are offended. I’m saying they shouldn’t be. Let’s get past this crap.

But they are offended. That remark may be a career buster for her. She’ll probably be doing car commercials before long, if she’s lucky.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kirk1978

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We toss racist stuff at each other all the time just to bust balls. But it's strictly an us thing. That doesn't mean it's kosher to do it in public.

So you have a post up the list that says its never okay, then you say its okay for just you and your military buddies? That's just silly.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Right on man. I agree with you, but I'm not articulate enough to pull that off. I've never experienced that side of racism. Lay out how racial stereotypes should no longer be offensive to those who they are aimed at. Open letter style if possible.

So you have a post up the list that says its never okay, then you say its okay for just you and your military buddies? That's just silly.

You may be reading my words, but you're not comprehending them. I explain the difference between jesting in private vs public.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Right on man. I agree with you, but I'm not articulate enough to pull that off. I've never experienced that side of racism. Lay out how racial stereotypes should no longer be offensive to those who they are aimed at. Open letter style if possible.

You may be reading my words, but you're not comprehending them. I explain the difference between jesting in private vs public.
Easy. Don’t be offended when someone meant no offense. Actual racism, yes, let’s stomp that out together. I will join anyone in the fight against actual racism. But let’s not have our self worth be determined by how easily we are offended.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Easy. Don’t be offended when someone meant no offense. Actual racism, yes, let’s stomp that out together. I will join anyone in the fight against actual racism. But let’s not have our self worth be determined by how easily we are offended.

Just to keep it on topic, help me out. I can compare the facial similarities of a black coworker to a gorilla in front of the staff as long I don't say it with bigotry in my heart?

Latest posts

Top Bottom