Largest Wind Farm Built At Once In North America Now Running In Oklahoma

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I agree ... the subsidies are self for-filling for the government anyhow ... to ensure utilities invest in renewable energy mix mandates, mandated by the federal government 😉
We need to offer subsidies for new nuclear power plants. That is the only way we will ever go green with today's tech.

CC379

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not true ... even without subsidies, and at current energy wholesale prices, the payback is typically in the 3-4yr range ...

Not true, maybe 25-30 yrs ago but definitely not today

... and no, I am not a green tree hugger and/or a liberal leftist ... I am just a conservative that knows the business

conservative T. Boone Pickens was at one time sold on the windmill business, he spent millions leasing up large swaths of land, in Oklahoma and Texas then he found out those in the business of selling windmills are full of chit, not sure if he got any windmills up before finding out the truth. But his wind farm was canceled,

Louro

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No kidding. I remember once going to the top of Mt. Scott (at Wichita Mts Wildlife Refuge) probably 20 years ago, and admiring the vast panorama. I went back for the first time a few years ago, and when I got up there and looked north…

”WTH!”

A huge line of wind turbines stretching east-west. What an ugly sight.
Who cares the wind turbines are on our backyard, not on the backyard of the elites.

delta6

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
In their 20-25 year lifespan, wind turbine/towers will not produce the energy it takes to manufacture one. The federal government provided 85% of the cost of the wind towers or there wouldn’t be any. The whole rotten thing is a thank you to the green weenies that helped elect Biden, just like the hoax of ethanol gasoline. It takes more than a gallon’s worth of energy to make a gallon of ethanol. Another kiss blown at the tree huggers.
And not to mention..."We are burning our food".

Latest posts

Top Bottom