Lawn questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loudshirt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I finally have a lawn i want to keep up and want everyone to envy. It is not very big but i have no clue what to use or when to use it. What is a good weed and feed type product? Also when should I start using it.

Thanks

P.S. This place is better than google sometimes

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
^^^^^^^^What they said above and buy a McClane mower, it makes all the difference. That's the only thing I miss about living in town with a smaller yard.

Last edited:

elwoodtrix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I finally have a lawn i want to keep up and want everyone to envy. It is not very big but i have no clue what to use or when to use it. What is a good weed and feed type product? Also when should I start using it.

Thanks

P.S. This place is better than google sometimes

I use TrueGreen, BIL worked there for a little bit and got a discounted rate for me

loudshirt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Right now I dont have any real problems other than some weeds/clover from the rain. My grass is dormant along with everyone else in the neighborhood. I wish i knew what kind of grass was put down when the houses were built about 4yrs ago or so

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, I'm sure it's Bermuda. You can check under the dead stuff to make sure it is really all dormant. Mine was when I last checked a few days ago. If so, you can safely spray with roundup, which is cheap and will kill all the weeds that are out now. That is a good start. You need to apply a crabgrass preventer now too. After that, it's just seeing what you have problems with and correcting them. Typically 2,4-D is about all you'll need for weeds. If you want your lawn to really look good, get a soil sample and fertilize and lime appropriately. And add some iron to make it a really dark deep green color.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
If you can get your yard weed free and keep it green, mowing with this will create envy among your neighbors. I used one until I moved out into the country. They make a grass catcher for the front, you only cut about a half inch at a time, about every three days.
[Broken External Image]

Latest posts

Top Bottom