Lawn questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's safe to use 24d though. http://sip.mesonet.org/ This site will tell you how much to water based on the weather, when to fertilize, and how much fertilizer. If you want to get your soil tested, they tell you how and where. I would also recommend (its mentioned on the site) aerating.

rockin_d

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Its a bit late but you may try some pre emergent from Lowes, Home Depot..etc That will stop anymore new weeds from coming up. Roundup this late with the weather warming can kill any grass around it. There is actualy a tool for dandelions to remove them, i use a flat head screwdriver and push it at the base and tilt up, pops root and all. Take a bit of time if you got a bunch but it removed them so they dont regrow without killing the grass

kroberts2131

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If your not against it, just call a local lawn company to treat it for you. Its just easier for me to have them follow the schedule and it doesn't cost me that much more than doing it myself. A bag of Turf Builder will run ya $50 at Lowes. I only get charged $52 for them to fertilize and spray. Aerating will also make a huge difference also. It will help thicken up the grass. You can rent an aerator from Lowe's or have a lawn company do it for you.

rg1964

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Pay to have it treated. I tried to do it myself but the weeds are to difficult to control. When you pay someone to spray your yard and you have a plan with them, if you get any weeds just call them and they will come out and spray again I pay 50.00 per application and they come out 5 times a year. I use agrilawn.

mikeyinokc

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you can get your yard weed free and keep it green, mowing with this will create envy among your neighbors. I used one until I moved out into the country. They make a grass catcher for the front, you only cut about a half inch at a time, about every three days.
[Broken External Image]

Reel mowers do a great job......but only if the lawn is level.....

Latest posts

Top Bottom