Lawsuit Filed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, it was an anti-anxiety pill. He was waiting to pick up his brother from the school.

Some of these cops, preachers, teachers should be grateful the people they **** with don't have a parent that's ready to do whatever it takes to make that eye for an eye thing a reality. Or maybe they have, and those rewards just haven't come to fruition yet.

I couldn't understand half the jibberish coming outta his mouth. I don't remember seeing anything about this one on the news ... Of course it WAS a white guy, so ... 🤷🤷🤷

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The fact that they lied on their reports should immediately end qualified immunity and their cover. IIRC, their official report said that as soon as they got there the individual exited the vehicle and confronted the officers or something like that.

Well if that was the case then they need to be drawn and quartered at dawn in the town square. And I'm only being about half sarcastic ... If I ruled the world ... 😡😡

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well if that was the case then they need to be drawn and quartered at dawn in the town square. And I'm only being about half sarcastic ... If I ruled the world ... 😡😡
It seems like each and every time one of these incidents makes news there's a very common theme of "the report doesn't match the body cam/dash cam/bystander footage". Weird.

Roadking Larry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Secret bunker in an undisclosed location.
It seems like each and every time one of these incidents makes news there's a very common theme of "the report doesn't match the body cam/dash cam/bystander footage". Weird.
Makes ya wonder why some jurisdictions really don't have body cameras...(coucg, coucgh Rogers County, cough)

Roadking Larry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Secret bunker in an undisclosed location.
Yeah, it was an anti-anxiety pill. He was waiting to pick up his brother from the school.

Some of these cops, preachers, teachers should be grateful the people they **** with don't have a parent that's ready to do whatever it takes to make that eye for an eye thing a reality. Or maybe they have, and those rewards just haven't come to fruition yet.

Kind of goes to show that as a people, we Americans are a fairly civilized society.

On the other hand, I wonder if some of the cop ambushes we see are in fact retribution for an actual or perceived egregious act by the cops? Not saying it's right mind you but we'd damn sure never hear about it in the news.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'd be surprised if a payment isn't made here, not a great look. Got a little aggressive for putting something in his mouth. Were they trying to get him to spit it out or what? I mean, what's the purpose of taking it to that level in this situation?

Random thoughts.

Two cops should be able to subdue a guy that's on the ground without shooting him, generally.

I'd be pretty concerned about firing 3 shots at the guy with kids strolling all around. But he probably knew there wasn't any danger to bystanders, right?

Article said they didn't render aid because of possible danger from occupants in the car. But looks like to me that the shooter wasn't paying any attention to the car for the most part. The partner could have covered the car while they at least acted like they were trying to render aid? Optics would have been better.

A cop would never actually draw their weapon in that situation would they? I mean, if you are losing the wrestling match, wouldn't you be concerned the gun would be taken from you? So, I assume perp was trying to get his gun?

Probably not a good idea to give a statement at the scene with any details. IE don't say someone jumped out of the car, when camera says he got yanked out.

Bad deal.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
https://www.kktv.com/2023/02/21/wat...ith-fatal-shooting-by-pueblo-county-deputies/

Read the DA report here
https://s3.documentcloud.org/documents/23686829/officer-involved-incident-on-february-22-2022.pdf

An excerpt. It is a copy and paste from a PDF document I linked to above. I pasted this because I know some of you won't read the report or even the deputy's interview. I am not editing the errors in the paste because of the PDF formatting. Too time consuming for the effort involved and the outcome expected.

Interview: Deputy Charles McWhorter

On March, 2022, Deputy Charles McWhorter was interviewed at the Pueblo Police Department by Pucblo Police Department Detective Jose Medina and Colorado Bureau of Investigations Agent Kevin Kobach. Deputy McWhorter has been with the Pueblo County Sheriff’s Office for ight years. He worked in the Pueblo County Jail for one year and he has been a patrol officer for the last seven years. He is a member of the SWAT team. Deputy McWhorter had only been back on patrol for approximately one week at the time of this incident, as he sustained a neck injury in September of 2021 which required surgery to ix.

Deputy McWhorter was dispatched to Liberty Point International Middle School on February 22, 2022, on a report of a maleactingcrazy and trying to get into vehicles. He responded from the Pucblo West substation and he arrived on scene first, He entered the school parking lot through a dirt parking lot. As he was pulling, upon scene, he was advised that the male, later identified as Richard Ward, had just entered a white SUV. He asked for further clarification,athere were several white SUVs in the parking lot. He was told it was the white SUV that two children just walked in front of.

Deputy McWhorter was advised by a male in the parking lot that Richard had gotten into a white Lexus Deputy McWhorter could see a male driver and a female passenger. As he walked to the vehicle, the back passenger door opened and he contacted Richard.

McWhorter said he contacted Ward to see if he was in the correct vehicle to ensure t wasn't a hostage situation, he said Tommy and Kristy did not appear to have any issues with Ward in the vehicle. Upon asking, Ward said he was at the school to pick up his brother, which he gave two different names for, Kristy spoke up and said Ward has two brothers. Richard stated tha he doesn’t like law enforcement as he has been hit before while being told to stop resisting. Richard was asked for his identification, and he was 8 and asked if he had any weapons. He stated that he had a knife. Richard then put his hand in his pocket and pulled out two lighters. He then turned away from Deputy McWhorter and put something in his mouth.

Deputy McWhorter asked Richard what he put in his mouth. Richard replied that t was a pill. Richard then opens his jacket and reaches inside the jacket, a if he was carrying a weapon. Deputy McWhorter grabbed a aholdofRichard’ right arm and pulled him out of the car to handcuff him and to check for weapons. Richard started to fight with Deputy McWhorter. Deputy McWhorter stated that Richard was wrestling with him, and Richard was able to get his legs out from under him causing him to hit the ground hard, causing him to feel pan in his neck. Deputy McWhorter stated he was trying to get control of Richard 10 get him into custody. During the altercation, he didn’t remember seeing or hearing his partner, Deputy Cassandra Gonzales. Deputy. ‘McWhorter said he felt like he was wrestling Richard by himself he didn't know where his partner was.

Deputy McWhorter stated that Richard got on top of him. Deputy McWhorter said that when he was trying, 10 control of Richard's head, he elt Richard messing with his gun side. ‘Deputy McWhorter let go of Richard and grabbed his gun to make sure it didn’t come out of its’ holster. Deputy McWhorter said Richard then headbutted him in the nose. His eyes watered and he saw stars. Deputy McWhorter stated he was worried that ifhe got headbutted again then he could have been knocked unconscious. He rolled to his side to protect his gun.

Deputy McWhorter was in fear that Richard was going, to get his gun or knock him out. Deputy McWhorter said he was in fea his neck was going 10 give out on him. He said the doctors told him he was close to being paralyzed if he takes a serious blow to his neck. Deputy McWhorter said he fel ike he needed to stop the threat that was in frontof him. He was able to get back and draw his weapon. From what he remembers, he fied two rounds.

Deputy McWhorter stated after watching his bodyworn camera, he was able to count that he had fired three rounds. Deputy McWhorter said Richard was very excited during the igh. Richard was yelling something to the effect of“yah boy” or “fthat”. Deputy McWhorter said it fet asifRichard wanted to hurt him, and he was happy about doing i. Deputy McWhorter said Richard was very strong. He described it as drug strong andhe said he felt weak while wrestling with Richard. Deputy McWhorter said he didn’t deliver any strikes, and he was trying to hold onto Richard. He said it felt asif Richard was not trying to get away from him, but trying to keep ahold ofhim.

Deputy McWhorter said he was able to stand up afte the shooting. He backed away, holding Richard at gun point. He accessed the situation to sce ifRichard was still a threat. He then holstered his weapon and put on gloves to render aid. He said he called for medical, then he checked on Richard by lifing his shir. He saw two wounds on Richard's chest, He said Kristy Ward then opened the passenger door and started yelling. He was able to get her to close her door. He then walked to the back of the car to ensure no one was injured behind the vehicle, as there were a lot ofchildren around.

Deputy McWhorter then contacted a female inablue SUV behind the Lexus who was a witness advising her to wait for other officers. Deputy McWhorter said the driver doorofthe Lexus then opened and he told the male to tay in the vehicle. Deputy Mahan arived. Deputy MeWhorter instructed Deputy Mahan to deal with the occupants of the car. Deputy McWhorter said they waited for fie rescue. While waiting, a male walked into the scene asking what he could do. Deputy McWhorter said he told the male to keep children from walking this way. Deputy McWhorter believed this male worked forthe school.

At his point, other deputies started to arrive on scene. Deputy McWhorter was transported from the scene to Parkview Hospital. 9 Deputy McWhorter was asked about his initial contact at the car. He appeared to unlockhisweapon from the holster. Deputy McWhorter sid this is something he does on traffic stops, as well as when people tell him they have weapons. He said he releases the tension, so itis easier 0 get out if needed. If his weapon is not needed, then he lets the gun lock back in. Deputy McWhorter said tis is something he leamed from a former sergeant he used to work for. Deputy McWhorter tated he has been through trainings where it strained to protect your gun. If someone. ison topofyou trying to get to your tools or your gun, then they are trying to kill you or hurt you.

Deputy. McWhorter was asked if his weapon locked back in. Hesid he knows it locks back in when he lets g0 of it. When watching the body wom camera video, it does not appear the weapon locks back in when he lets £0. You will hear an audible click with some holsters as the weapon locks back in. Throughout the video, footage,a click cannot be heard, and it is unknown if the weapon locked back in. During the altercation, Deputy McWhorter said he was afraid he was going to die. He was afraid Richard could have seriously. injured others, along with himself, and
he felt like he was in this fight alone.

I can understand this because the other deputy was at the suspect's legs applying ineffective pressure points.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom