Lawton, OK getting to be a tuff city.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was born there.

Lawton was in the top ten for crime many years ago, and more than once as I recall. Sad. It's pronounced "Law Town."
LOL ...no its not. It is a little rough ..therefore..twoguns?
True about Military towns, Ive traveled all over the US, only place I consider worse is Beaumont Tx, now thats a rough town.
Does seem like you hear more about things these days, but my kids have always said the gangs were here, I used to coach at the Boys and Girls Club....I have a lot of "kids".
Jan retired or does the morning show maybe...still have that mentality....poor military kids with nothin else to do.
The reason I decided to legally carry...people gettin mugged, beat senceless, cars stolen...these home nvasions....waaay too close to home.
Carry as big a gun as you can
Carry it alll the time
Shootem to the ground

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Grew up next to Ft. Riley; my home town in high school was mentioned a few times on national news: once, a segment talking about Korean mafias, and at least one other time mentioning that the crime rate per capita was higher than New York City. And it was much, much worse in the 60s and 70s. I've never seen it, but supposedly Reader's Digest did a story on it in the early 70s called "A Little Town Called Hell".

Powerman620

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lawton is just like any other city, you have to know where not to go and where you can. I am in Lawton all the time and never feel unsafe but always carry and always am aware of my surroundings.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you live in Ignorant Bend, Lawton is practically Paris. I love the place, and have never felt unsafe there. Of course, I stride the world like a colossus and most everyone is afraid of me, as indeed they should be.

Latest posts

Top Bottom