Lazy mans CCW

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skyydiver

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, for lazy carry, the J frame was always my go-to before I stupidly traded it off. What I wouldn't give... Anyway, you have a great pocket gun, especially for those "quick trips" where the bulk, if there is any, would be less noticed.

adluginb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was looking hard at a Rohrbaugh also but the thought of always having to change the springs every 200 rounds changed my mind. I settled on the Kahr PM9 and am happy with it. Actually sold my Kel-Tec and LCP as I can't tell the difference in size when it's in my pocket.

OKCShooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Look into a PM9. If you have, I'd be curious to know why you rejected it.

Personally I wouldn't feel comfortable with a 380. Too many people saying it's not an adequate self-defense caliber.

Nothing against the PM9, but whatever caliber I choose (380 or 9) I think I want the smallest, and in the case of the 9pm it would be the Rohrbaugh...

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
S&W model 36 in the front pocket.

But I tend to be anal about stuff in my pockets I keep key's on a carabiner don't carry loose change or bills cell phone goes in a cargo pocket or shirt breast pocket if I don't have cargo pockets.

My left front pocket is reserved for my wallet, I hate carrying anything in my hip pockets, habit after catching a pick pocket in the act several years ago.

grwd

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I went put to grab a pizza from Mazzios this evening, about 9:45. Having worked about 14 hours today, I was dead tired. I thought about gunning up with a pocket j frame, but I took the extra 25 seconds to put on my IWB with a full size m&p.
25 seconds was all it took to chop my draw time in half, and increase the number of rounds I had on my person by over six fold.
In addition, I had a firearm on me that I have put at least 300 rounds a week through since early summer and am completely competent with.

Did I make the right choice? Or should I have been lazy?

UnSafe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For me, the simplest solution was the P3AT in a hip pocket holster. Lools like a wallet and draws quicker than a front pocket gun.
awww.hunt101.com_data_500_medium_27116P1040489.JPG

Whatever route you choose, stay away from blued or parkerized finishes and get a rust resistant pistol. It's gonna get sweaty.

huskres

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a .32 Seecamp, and its the same size as the .380 gun. The Seecamps are noticeably smaller than a lcp, p3at or any other similar gun. One thing I do like about the Seecamp is that it is all metal with just some plastic grips.

On a side note the Rohrbaugh is very close in size to the Kahr PM9. I held them side by side at Sportsworld one day. I would give the edge in reliability to the Kahr as well.

OKCShooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I went put to grab a pizza from Mazzios this evening, about 9:45. Having worked about 14 hours today, I was dead tired. I thought about gunning up with a pocket j frame, but I took the extra 25 seconds to put on my IWB with a full size m&p.
25 seconds was all it took to chop my draw time in half, and increase the number of rounds I had on my person by over six fold.
In addition, I had a firearm on me that I have put at least 300 rounds a week through since early summer and am completely competent with.

Did I make the right choice? Or should I have been lazy?

Sounds like you'll never carry that J frame ever again.

I, on the other hand, know that sometimes I'm not going to strap on my .357 and need to just throw something in a front pocket. Maybe a walk down the street with the dog, maybe a quick trip in shorts to the gym...etc.

So, for me, I'll keep looking for something that I will actually have on me....and I think HAVING something on me is the key.

Latest posts

Top Bottom