LCP vs TCP vs Bodyguard 380

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chhcope

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey I saw this thread and thought it was relevant.

http://www.okshooters.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85720

I have the TCP and love it. It's simple and extremely accurate. I haven't had any issues with it at all. I would like to get an extended mag for it. It also has a crimson trace laser that is very nice. (http://www.crimsontrace.com/Home/Products/Taurus/LG407/tabid/488/Default.aspx) If you're in to that sort of thing.

A friend of mine bought the body guard at the gun show in Tulsa this weekend, while we didn't shoot it we realized the laser is not the easiest to engage. Especially with any speed or consistency. The button is in a weird place. I'm partial to the grip activation anyway. (like crimson trace offers) And you have to pay for the laser if you like it or not, it is permanently attached after all.

The LCP has a hard long trigger and small trigger box. I didn't think it was as accurate either as the TCP. Plus the slide has no catch after you're out. But I guess I'm partial, I did buy the TCP over it in the end.

For me the TCP has a better trigger, trigger box, better optional laser from crimson trace (see above link), more accurate, slide catch, and a great price. Plus it's made in the USA! I couldn't beat it, so I bought it! and love it.

I feel I must ad that the S&W wasn't out when I purchased the TCP. I'm not sure it would have swayed my purchase but still...

Cadesdad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like my XD40 sub compact. Bigger than the guns mentioned, but also better! IMHO
Whichever you end up choosing, practice with it like you will have to use it. Starting with it's location being wherever you will carry it and firing it quick.

trickydick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you want a no compromise gun take a look at the 40S&w pistols. The Walther PPS is what I finally settled with and I have no regretts other than night sights not being available for this pistol. Others to look at in 40S&W would be the Kahr(kinda pricey and a bit thick), Glock 27(almost all after market stuff available but thicker than others), Taurus 740 slim(fairly new and not totally established) and the Springfield XD sub compact. I love the trigger safety on the Walther, gives you a short SA type trigger on a pistol without haveing to have other safeties or the long hard trigger of the mousegun auto's.

andrsnsm

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a Sig P238, and you have to try one out. It is widely accepted as one of the most best shooting 380s available.

I agree that the P238 is a great shooter! Mine was accurate and very comfortable to shoot, the SA trigger was nice. I sold mine though because I could not convince myself to carry it cocked and locked. I traded it for a Kahr PM40 which was a great little gun but it was definitely not comfortable to shoot; probably should have kept it but wanted to get away from .40 S&W. Now have a CW9 but I would really rather have a PM9 for the more compact size.

Fendar

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just purchased the LCP and love it. First time shooting it at 25 yards I put all 6 rounds in the 1sq ft target at 30 yards. The accuracy is amazing. Also I've tried several different ammo and have been 100% so far. The only problem I've had is loading a hollow point, you really have to slingshot it. I just put a ball at the top of the mag to eleminate this issue. I hear once the gun is broken in that it's easier to load a hollow point.

I was actually leaning toward the smith bodyguard but I've heard alot of talk about their triggers malfunctioning. Plus this was an early christmas present from family and the SW was a little too much!

Coltcombat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I vote for Elsie Pea.
I have TALO LCP and it shoots where I point. It eats what I feed.
90gr Corbon JHP's

Ive found that ballistic testing shown Corbon 90 gr JHP & Fed hydrashok 90gr have the best performance into clothed gel for hollowpoints. Both meeting FBI standards(if anyone even cares).
Gold dots are great too but I have had FTE's with MINE.

I found that you might end up Slingshotting the lcp slide 25% of the time until it is well broke in. I have 250 thru mine and do not consider it broke in yet.
I have been thinking about buying a few more. One for backpocket,coat pocket,glovebox,and maybe one just too throw at someone..lol

I trust it to work. But it is what it is.... Even though it ISN'T a 1911.

Latest posts

Top Bottom