Learn to Carry

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dugby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Where would be the best place in Tulsa (Or surrounding area) to go to get trained and outfitted for carrying on my person.

I have my CCW permit but usually only have the weapon in my vehicle.

It is one thing to read about it but quite another to actually look at different options and see how they might suit my own preferences.

Thanks for your input.

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you go to Bass Pro or Cabela's they have tons of holsters and you can take your gun in to the stores as long as you check it at the front of the store if Im not mistaken.

Head in there with your gun empty and go nuts trying different holsters and see what you like.

trbii

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you have'nt looked at the concealed carry holsters at comp-tac and bladetech, I urge you to do so. Type those into whatever search engine you use, google, bing, yahoo or whatever and consider equipping yourself with one or more of these kydex type holsters and mag pouches. If you don't already own a 1 1/2" width gun/tactical belt, I advise getting one. I've found the IWB holsters conceal most effectively in any weather. A guy can get away with OWB holsters in cold weather only when he keeps his coat/cover garment on even indoors. Something to consider when you know you' re going to end up indoors. I've tried wearing a lighter jacket so far this winter, more comfortable indoors at restaurants and theaters. Buy some pants 2" larger at the waist than your actual size to make room for the IWB holster. The ones I've used will conceal under a one size over polo shirt. Also under an unbuttoned, full cut button up shirt. Tuck in a t-shirt or underarmor shirt underneath before putting the IWB holster in your pants, way more comfortable in hot ,muggy weather. You can learn to sweep the cover garment out of the way to draw or snatch up the polo shirt very smoothly and quickly. Talk to Eric Fuson at Tulsa Gunworks Inc/ Oklahoma Police Supply for more on this. Do yourself a big favor and register for a training class at TDSA for a Marshall Luton shooting class. You will be pleased at what Marshall and his instructors can teach you. Good luck!

Latest posts

Top Bottom