Left behind while hunting?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

264Magnum

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have found nothing of value hunting. Pullled a rod and reel out of a lake once. My talent is for finding hammers. I'll bet I have found 50 hammers in my lifetime, most on oil locations, but a lot of them in the road.
My dad's like that with axes. He finds them in places where there's absolutely no reason for there to be one.

DeerAssassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have found nothing of value hunting. Pullled a rod and reel out of a lake once. My talent is for finding hammers. I'll bet I have found 50 hammers in my lifetime, most on oil locations, but a lot of them in the road.

Thats because our pusher used to order nothing but 20lb sledgehammers. We didnt particularly like swinging those heavy SOB's so every time he would order up new ones we would chuck them off in the woods outside of location. Finally he got the point and started ordering 8lb'ers. Much easier to swing (and aim!) after a long night of tripping pipe. :D

Hell, my derrickman almost killed our driller one night swinging a 20lb...We were tightening a hammer union and he missed, it slipped out of the guys oily gloves and missed the drillers head by about 1/8th of an inch. That one got chucked in the reserve pit!

je4bowhuntin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
we had a guy leave us pictures of him stealing our feeder at night last year. He never seen the infrered camera flash...lol. i wish it would have been in video mode because the feeder had one of the rodent zappers around the motor and i be he touched it. not a good enough pic for identification though.

KurtM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Found a nice Quarterhorse once with a beautiful orriginal .405 Winchester 95 in the scabbard, saddle bags with a box of extra shells and lunch, and a nice warm jacket tied behind the really nice Jordan roping saddle, a canteen, and a half pint of Hiram Walkers best.
Funny thing is that around sun down I found a guy who was getting a might bit chilled in the nice fall air of the Jemes Mountains in Northern New Mexico, who seemed to be a bit gimpy, hungry, thirsty...and mighty mad. I Thought people went hunting to enjoy themselves.:pms2:

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
i found a couple of rods and reels, a tackle box and a bag of weed complete with rolling papers and all by one of the ponds on our lease. they must have been spooked by us.

Latest posts

Top Bottom