Legal Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

C_Hallbert

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
“Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas said he will waive dozens of federal regulations—26 in total—in order to fast-track the construction of roads and barriers along the southern border in Texas.”

Will someone explain to me how a government agency can ‘waive regulations’ to achieve an objective.

okcBob

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
“The Biden administration announced it waived 26 federal laws in South Texas to allow border wall construction on Wednesday, marking the administration’s first use of a sweeping executive power employed often during the Trump presidency.
The Clean Air Act, Safe Drinking Water Act and Endangered Species Act were some of the federal laws waived by DHS to make way for construction that will use funds from a congressional appropriation in 2019 for border wall construction. The waivers avoid time-consuming reviews and lawsuits challenging violation of environmental laws.”

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You assume this is to keep people out.

Perhaps, maybe, it's to keep people in.

I dunno.
I’ve not seen 4 million Americans streaming into Mexico by wading the river.
I have see probably twice that many crossing into Mexico via bridges and aircraft legally though, only to return a week or so later.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Federal agency heads are in charge of writing and enforcing regulations. Regulations aren't the same as laws, but they carry "force of law". Congress passes a law and delegates an agency authority.

IOW, they figure out what it takes, write it up, and enforce. So in essence Congress isn't really passing a law at all, they are passing an idea and letting someone else deal with the details.

This is precisely how the ATF gets to change their minds when it suits them, or they are directed to change it by a ****bag .Prez.

Latest posts

Top Bottom