Lets see all the AK's!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
After this next Krink build, I think I am going to man up and attempt one of my dream builds.....
ai127.photobucket.com_albums_p130_2ThouZ28_waffenwerksvz5836.jpg

Really easy build, you'll just have to find someone with a press fixture or barrel vice. Kinda sucks that kit prices have gone up so much because I'd like to build another.

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here's my WASR 10/63. I refinished the furniture by dyeing the wood with Fiebings brown leather dye, followed by a few coats of Sedona Red stain, then sealed with tung oil finish. The siderail mount is a Kalinka BP that I picked up on Armslist and the scope is a red/ green dot made by Centerpoint. So far I have a grand total of $307 in the rifle including the scope, mount, sling, and wooden pistol grip. :naughty:

ai181.photobucket.com_albums_x97_mach_won_AmmoBox046edited.jpg

ai181.photobucket.com_albums_x97_mach_won_AK47047edited.jpg

ai181.photobucket.com_albums_x97_mach_won_AK47042edited.jpg

Last edited:

Bootleggn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here's my WASR 10/63. I refinished the furniture by dyeing the wood with Fiebings brown leather dye, followed by a few coats of Sedona Red stain, then sealed with tung oil finish. The siderail mount is a Kalinka BP that I picked up on Armslist and the scope is a red/ green dot made by Centerpoint. So far I have a grand total of $307 in the rifle including the scope, mount, sling, and wooden pistol grip. :naughty:

ai181.photobucket.com_albums_x97_mach_won_AmmoBox046edited.jpg

Not a bad way to clean up a 10/63..!

Bill Coye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
ai660.photobucket.com_albums_uu322_4mac_photos_100_11152.jpg

ai660.photobucket.com_albums_uu322_4mac_photos_100_11142.jpg

1973 Polish Under Folder built on an NDS receiver. I'll have to take a scotch brite pad to that receiver to match the worn finish on the rest of the rifle. Also will need to switch out a compliance part for that black PG...I believe the early 70's Polish rifles had that brown Bakelite PG.

been

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
what sight is that on the wasr 10 63. does it work well. i shot my wasr at happy hollow over the weekend and had to aim 3 feet to the left of the target just to hit it. is it my iron sights barrle i dont think its my shot because i wasnt the only one who had to aim like that. i did have a 74 style muzzle brake on the end of it could that have some how done it. it was at 50 yards

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
what sight is that on the wasr 10 63. does it work well. i shot my wasr at happy hollow over the weekend and had to aim 3 feet to the left of the target just to hit it. is it my iron sights barrle i dont think its my shot because i wasnt the only one who had to aim like that. i did have a 74 style muzzle brake on the end of it could that have some how done it. it was at 50 yards

It is a Kalinka BP-02 mount with a Centerpoint red/green dot scope. I have only used the scope at a distance of 30 yards and the rifle groups at approx 2" with it. My only complaint is that the scope does not have the tightest dot recticle, but it's definitely worth the $50 price tag. Here's a link to the mount on Kalinka's site:

http://www.kalinkaoptics.com/mounts...side-mount-to-weaver-rail-w-black-finish.html

Most likely you have a canted front sight on your WASR which is a common occurence along with mag wobble and trigger slap (on rifles without Tapco G2 trigger). I made sure when I purchased mine to sort through the 10-12 rifles that were in stock and pick the best of the lot. Luckily I happened to find a nice tight rifle with a perfectly straight front sight, hardly any movement in the mag, and a G2 trigger. If I remember correctly all but 2 or 3 had at least slightly canted sights or bent sight ears.

been

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i bought my wasr at a gunshow and cheked for the canted front sight.it does not have one.there is also no mag wobble in mine.it has the G2 trigger that i really like.if i remember correctly the first 5 or so shots wher on target but after that i started having to aim 3 feet to the left.

Latest posts

Top Bottom