Lets see all the AR's!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mmchambers06

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
ai14.photobucket.com_albums_a320_mmchambers06_20inAr.jpg

I feel like a total monkey. I broke a tab on the trigger guard on the lower. I'm pretty pissed....I'll replace the lower next payday and keep the busted one as a spare...sucks! Ohh, well.

sumoj275

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
MMC, that is a good looking rifle. Sorry to hear that the lower had an issue. I have found that using a support under the tg works wen doing the tg, and you might try squeezing the roll pin a little before you start it in the hole.

mmchambers06

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks. It's probably the 10th lower I've done and I never had a problem with either using a punch or the squeeze method (my preferred).

It's an LAR lower and the tangs were very soft. It bent / broke too easy.

Ohh, well. Live and learn. You can see where I JB welded it in the pic. I'll throw a cheap upper on it, change out the stock / PG, & make a truck gun or something.

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks. It's probably the 10th lower I've done and I never had a problem with either using a punch or the squeeze method (my preferred).

Ohh, well. Live and learn. You can see where I JB welded it in the pic. I'll throw a cheap upper on it, change out the stock / PG, & make a truck gun or something.

Find someone that can weld aluminum and then put aluma black on it. You can fix that and make it look good too.

mmchambers06

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is that your 4 day build?

I would get a either a MIAD with the integral trigger guard or one of the Stark grips. The Stark completely covers the tabs so you'd never know it was broken.

Yeah, it's my 4 day build.

It was going so damn well. I guess I got in a hurry. I have never seen the Stark grip before, that looks like the way to go.

ou77kg

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't like to post pics of my hardware, but this is just too beautiful for me to keep to myself.

I have my 20" RRA with Leupold Mark AR, My 16" with Eotech, 7.5" pistol and my always fun AR-22 Pistol...

awww.jessereich.com_OSA_AR001.JPG

awww.jessereich.com_OSA_AR003.JPG

awww.jessereich.com_OSA_AR004.JPG

awww.jessereich.com_OSA_AR005.JPG

awww.jessereich.com_OSA_AR006.JPG

awww.jessereich.com_OSA_AR007.JPG

Nice looking hardware. We need to get you turned on to filing Form 1's to get your tax stamps and put a stock on those bad boys!

Josh-L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

If that twist tie is mil-spec then just use it to hold the tang on there!

Those Stark grips are fugly.

Sucks it broke. I've been lucky enough to never have that happen.