Let's see all the Target/Sniper bolt-actions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigJilm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
BigJilm, that is a sweet rig! Was the AI already inletted for that Badger? Very nice SIR! How far you shooting that?

Thanks! I did all the inlet work on the AICS on my mill. Also did all the barrel work and re-profiled the barrel. It was my first rifle assembly and I loved every minute of it. I'm ready to do another, just need to get this kidney sold off first! :wink2:

Just doing 100 yard break in stuff right now, only have about 20 rounds down the pipe. I'm wanting to find a place to go out to around 500 yards or so, I'd like to go further but the 10x US Optics would be straining to reach and the barrel is only 20".

BigJilm!

romanleader

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How are you gonna just post that and not add some splainin?

Whats the background story, did you work with Preston on the original Surgeon action or what?

The action I built on top(circa 2000), Preston's new action (from surgeonrifles.com) on bottom. Notice anything?
[Broken External Image]
[Broken External Image]

Josh-L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I guess you named it since your action has "surgeon" written on it?

The new actions are pretty sweet. I got to hit the start button on the machine last time I was in the shop on one! Should sell like crazy since they'll be cheaper then the Tactical actions and since Rem won't sell actions anymore.

romanleader

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess you named it since your action has "surgeon" written on it?

The new actions are pretty sweet. I got to hit the start button on the machine last time I was in the shop on one! Should sell like crazy since they'll be cheaper then the Tactical actions and since Rem won't sell actions anymore.

named what exactly?

huskres

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyone heard of Bohica uppers and seen the quality? Maybe someone owns one. Im looking at getting on the wait list for one soon. I just wouldnt mind seeing one in person if I could. Wouldnt be able to shoot it a ton but it would sure be a blast to have.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
work in progress
rem 700 in .308, unfired and has leupold rings and bases, just waiting on a scope

ai251.photobucket.com_albums_gg289_ozzman4790_1233633006.jpg

skrinar70

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyone heard of Bohica uppers and seen the quality? Maybe someone owns one. Im looking at getting on the wait list for one soon. I just wouldnt mind seeing one in person if I could. Wouldnt be able to shoot it a ton but it would sure be a blast to have.

I've read some on their .50 uppers, I haven't heard anything bad about 'em, and have been thinking about getting on the list myself

Josh-L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
named what exactly?

You asked if we noticed anything. I noticed that you said the action that has Surgeon written on it was your action. Not sure why this has turned into a guessing game of how you are involved or were involved with Surgeon?

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
His has three holes drilled and tapped front and back, and they seem to be on the very top of the receiver, not off to the side as it appears on "The Surgeon".

I thought that too, but I think "The Surgeon" is actually just slightly tilted to the left side - look at the ejection port - it doesn't look nearly far enough down on the right side, its got to be tilted over.

I don't know, but what's the price range of the newer non-rail Surgeon actions?

Latest posts

Top Bottom