Let's talk crossbows

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We have had people on this forum, and others i frequent, scrambling to find a bow shop that had a press, as they broke a string practicing right before season opener.

ElkStalkR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We have had people on this forum, and others i frequent, scrambling to find a bow shop that had a press, as they broke a string practicing right before season opener.

Oh sure it happens. With some brands more than others. :) Again you get what you pay for most the time, although no line of bows is 100% defect free off the factory floor.

Its just not a selling point for me thats all. Some love the idea, and thats great.

Erick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have settled on getting a Wicked Ridge crossbow. I am having a tough time deciding between the Warrior and Invader. The only difference I see is that the Invader already has the cocking ropes and that it's just a tad quicker.

ElkStalkR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Get the Invader!! The acu-50 roper cocker on the side is WELL worth it! Super convient and works great! Just remember to line the magnets up on the handles so they don't rattle when you move the bow around! I've had lots of people complain about rattling handles and I mention the magnets and they say "what magnets". So I have to show them the magnets in the handles, and they usually get a huge grin on their face and life is good again!

Erick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I ended up getting the Invader as suggested. I found a pretty good deal on a used one on eBay. I ended up putting a Nikon Crossbow scope on it.

Today I took it to H&H today during my lunch break to sight in the scope. After mounting it from the box, it shot within 2" of the mark.

ElkStalkR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just an FYI, you have no warranty when you buy a used one. Factory warranties are for original owner only. Not saying you are going to have any problems, just letting you know that if you do the repairs will be on you. Thats one reason you can get used bows for such a good price!!!

Anyway, you should be happy with that bow. Thats what my wife shoots and what my buddies borrow when she is not around! :)

Master Carper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife and I like the Barnett crossbows. I shoot a Revolution and my wife just started shooting a Jackal...

This was my wifes first ever deer and she nailed it at 28 yds...
i193.photobucket.com_albums_z132_HonkerHunter_photos_Wifes_20First_20Deer_002_2.jpg

36 yds...
i193.photobucket.com_albums_z132_HonkerHunter_photos_033_2.jpg

42 yds...
i193.photobucket.com_albums_z132_HonkerHunter_photos_005_27.jpg

DAVID

Latest posts

Top Bottom