Let's talk tires

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Millerman

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
So I put some new cooper tires on the van. Went to the place in bixby ive been using for + 30 years, @$175 ea mounted ok. Then when i payed there was my car vin # and tag# and mileage and complete discription on the reciept. He said that was part of the carfax report I said I didnt know anything about a carfax report a didnt appriciate him selling my info to carfax he says thats just the way it is nowadays.
Am i missing something?

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So I put some new cooper tires on the van. Went to the place in bixby ive been using for + 30 years, @$175 ea mounted ok. Then when i payed there was my car vin # and tag# and mileage and complete discription on the reciept. He said that was part of the carfax report I said I didnt know anything about a carfax report a didnt appriciate him selling my info to carfax he says thats just the way it is nowadays.
Am i missing something?
VIN and mileage are always on receipts to establish the warranty.
:drunk2:
___

OkieMoe

WHEELMAN
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A few weeks ago I received a trailer of ONLY 1 size tire.. 35/12.50/20 Nitto Ridge grapplers. <I am a wholesaler> 300 of them were sold about 4 hours after. And these things aren't cheap.. Even at wholesale costs!!

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have Nitto Terra Grappler G2 all terrain tires on my F150. It is jacked up. The tires have been great so far. They don’t ride rough and they aren’t really loud. They were pretty darn expensive though. My dad retired from Dayton tire so I usually use Bridgestone or Firestone tires. Bridgestone has some new AT tires that look really nice. I will probably switch to them when these are wore out. Mine are 20’s and are really wide.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I understand the mileage and vin being on the reciept, its the sharing the info with carfax without telling me, that i didnt appriciate.
I understand completely, and totally agree. But a lot of businesses either sell or trade customer info to other businesses or brokers.

That's why you get all those offers (junk) in the mail...
:drunk2:
___

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's why you get all those offers (junk) in the mail...
I wonder what explains all those companies mailing their fliers for services and products for homeowners to apartments? Renewal by Anderson selling siding and windows was the one that got me. Exactly which apartment renter is going to buy windows and siding for an APARTMENT that they're RENTING? The apartment number was right there in the address, so it's trivial to filter them out...

Latest posts

Top Bottom