light mounted on Lee Classic Turret

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oknavy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've had this light mounted on my Lee Classic Turret press since last summer. The light provides a good look into pistol cases to ensure a proper charge of powder before putting a bullet on top. The flex neck allows adjustment of the light for the best view into the case.

I've loaded nearly two thousand rounds since mounting; it stays in place and hasn't dimmed.

The light is a Streamlight Stylus Reach with white LED. The light uses AAAA batteries. Zip-ties hold it to one of the three columns. I use the back left column to keep it out of the way.

ai48.photobucket.com_albums_f220_red86nado_turretpresslight.jpg

the tR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've had this light mounted on my Lee Classic Turret press since last summer. The light provides a good look into pistol cases to ensure a proper charge of powder before putting a bullet on top. The flex neck allows adjustment of the light for the best view into the case.

I've loaded nearly two thousand rounds since mounting; it stays in place and hasn't dimmed.

The light is a Streamlight Stylus Reach with white LED. The light uses AAAA batteries. Zip-ties hold it to one of the three columns. I use the back left column to keep it out of the way.

ai48.photobucket.com_albums_f220_red86nado_turretpresslight.jpg

looks like a great idea..............

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
On the fixed plate units like the Loadmaster, I saw where somebody drilled a small hole near the charging station and had a Maglight Corsair pointing down near the case. He later upgraded to a Fenix something pen light and had to change the hole up.

Anything that increases your visibility is a good idea.

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Great idea. A caution for those who want to cheap out with a conventional light bulb close to any reloading activity. A broken bulb can result in a really fast fire. LEDs good. Incandescents bad. CB

gl89aw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
On my CH auto champ I made a bracket for a Ray O Vac pen light that takes one AAA battery that works real well, since its an LED the battery lasts quite a while, Has definitely increased the comfort factor. The penlight is only 2 or 3 bucks at Wally World. I think all the progressive press manufacturers should have a light as std. equipment.

ruger461

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is my current setup but won't be any more after reading criticalbass's post. This lamp is a cool bulb fluorescent lamp, but it may have the same issue of an incandescent. It will be redone before I reload any more.

Attachments

• bench.JPG
    bench.JPG
    28.7 KB · Views: 252

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Great idea. A caution for those who want to cheap out with a conventional light bulb close to any reloading activity. A broken bulb can result in a really fast fire. LEDs good. Incandescents bad. CB

One of the things I've gotten to appreciate about OSA is a safety guy like CB reminding us to be careful.
Good advice CB, might not be something everyone would think of.

Latest posts

Top Bottom