Light Primer Strikes/ Hard Primers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Does anyone have any problems with primer misfires on CCI large pistol primers. I have loaded a lot of them in some 45 acp. About one out of every mag misfires. I can throw the misfires in my buddies TRP and they fire fine. The misfires occur in an older P220. Anyone have an opinion on the culprit. Let me know if there is any other information I can provide. Or anything I can try and sort this out.

Honeybee

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
P220's need new hammer springs from time to time, mfg suggests every 2000 rounds it gets new springs.
You can get them directly from Wolf Springs by ordering on line. Not to hard to install yourself.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Does anyone have any problems with primer misfires on CCI large pistol primers. I have loaded a lot of them in some 45 acp. About one out of every mag misfires. I can throw the misfires in my buddies TRP and they fire fine. The misfires occur in an older P220. Anyone have an opinion on the culprit. Let me know if there is any other information I can provide. Or anything I can try and sort this out.

CCI is what I use in Competition, and hunting. Never had a FTF, about 3K rounds through the Kimber stainless target II.

gaseous maximus

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Excuse me for asking, but are you ABSOLUTELY certain that you are seating them all the way. I loaded several thousand rounds of 9 mil, using a lee progressive, but sizing them first, and then priming with a lee hand primer. Some of my 9s woud fire them, and some wouln't (intermittently). Evidently the primer shaft was a hair short, in that particular hand primer. Wound up redoing them all, which cured it. Probably not your problem, but something to check, also embarrassing, as I have reloaded for years.

Johnny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I didn't think to check while I put them in the mag but I checked them after the misfire. They were flush. I also did not put them back in the sig to try them a second time. My buddy just put them in his springfield and they fired. I forgot my wallet this morning so I will have to order the springs tomorrow. So between now and the time it comes in I will try a few more mags and will check the primer seating before I ding them. Thanks for the input.

Latest posts

Top Bottom