Lights for home defense gnuns

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tul9033

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For pistols I'm still sold on the Streamlight TLR1 or TLR1s, they have remote switches for the Glock and M&P now. For less than $125 you can get the whole package if you shop around.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've got this one:

http://www.inforce-mil.com/wml-ir.php

I like it, nice and light weight with several lighting options.

I just saw these this morning. I want.

Tape switches are a pita, i positioned my rifle light where it is directly in front of my left thumb so all I have to do is tap the tailcap switch with the thumb I use to index my target.

Yes weapons lights are good things on home defense weapons.

o'doyle

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score

Yerkwor

New to the site!
Reaction score
I am considering mounting a Surefire 6PX tactical with a remote switch on a autoloading 12 ga shotgun for home defense. And a Fury Defender on an AR15 for same purpose. Good idea or bad?

This would be less expensive than a "weapons light" but there must be a good reason the "weapons lights" cost so much. I just don't know the reason. Educate me!

You can also use bright LED lights. They provide clear outside view and provide a sense secruity.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You can also use bright LED lights. They provide clear outside view and provide a sense secruity.

The 6PX is an LED light. Weapon lights are typically expensive because of the mounting system, electronics/wiring and housing for electronics and batteries (in the days of old, an incandescent bulb had to be high-quality, shock-proof, and well protected by a good housing).

Now days, any good flashlight will work (A G2 with a CREE LED conversion in a VLTOR mount is about the cheapest setup you can get and it's very reliable) and with LED technology going the way it is, you can pretty much guarantee that you won't damage the bulb due to shock (LEDs are rugged against shock, but extremely delicate in their voltage/amperage) , but you're limited to what the flashlight has as far as size/shape/controls and your mounting options are pretty much only a few options.