Like to sit outside ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok, so first I had to worry about tornados, now snakes....anything else a new Oklahoman needs to be concerned about?
Got one of these?

tornado bingo 5.jpg

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Black widows and fiddlebacks !
Fiddlebacks, maybe, but black widows ain’t so much of a much (not that I want to get bit by either one). The fiddlebacks use a necrotoxin, which will kill the flesh around the bite site, which is pretty nasty and can make you really sick. The black widows have a nasty neurotoxin, but they can’t inject enough of it to kill an adult human. As I recall, there hasn’t been a recorded case of human death due to black widow bite in the US, at least not in an otherwise healthy adult.

ETA: fiddlebacks are often aggressive, too. They’re basically the copperheads of the spider world.

bushmaster06

Hoist the black flag.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Fiddlebacks, maybe, but black widows ain’t so much of a much (not that I want to get bit by either one). The fiddlebacks use a necrotoxin, which will kill the flesh around the bite site, which is pretty nasty and can make you really sick. The black widows have a nasty neurotoxin, but they can’t inject enough of it to kill an adult human. As I recall, there hasn’t been a recorded case of human death due to black widow bite in the US, at least not in an otherwise healthy adult.

ETA: fiddlebacks are often aggressive, too. They’re basically the copperheads of the spider world.
Copperheads aren't really aggressive. You generally have to step on one to get bit.

wolfman1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Snakes are definitely moving now that it's warmed up. Wife took care of these raiding the chicken coup. I was working late, I usually relocate snake's cause they help keep the rodent population in check. These pissed the wrong lady off, don't mess with her chicken eggs. Wife thought there was only one till she went to get them out.View attachment 481165View attachment 481166
Thats a shame. I'd welcome that big one onto my property any day. Its a beauty.

Latest posts

Top Bottom