I'm needing suggestions for a cooktop for indoors.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NationalMatch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For lack of a better term, it's for a hunting cabin. The structure has a propane tank but we opted to not put a stove in since we'll only be there a few days a month. I built a work table in the kitchen for food prep and need a two burner, free standing, propane cook top. The cooktop will actually sit on the work table.

I've heard that such cook tops designed for outside are not suitable for indoors. "Low" pressure vs "high" pressure.
Suggestions? Recommendations? thnx

Edited to add: the propane hookup is connected to the 250 gallon propane tank that is outside. There's a connection inside where a stove used to be. The connection is capped off during remodeling.

Last edited:

OkieJoe72

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For lack of a better term, it's for a hunting cabin. The structure has a propane tank but we opted to not put a stove in since we'll only be there a few days a month. I built a work table in the kitchen for food prep and need a two burner, free standing, propane cook top. The cooktop will actually sit on the work table.

I've heard that such cook tops designed for outside are not suitable for indoors. "Low" pressure vs "high" pressure.
Suggestions? Recommendations? thnx
Do a google search for RV cooktop.

Chief Sapulpa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Where they bust the sod in South Tulsa County.
Marine style cook top;
IMG_0958.jpg

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’d get a small Blackstone and a stand up fish fryer kind burner for right outside the door if I needed to hit something really hard right quick.

I’ve used iron skillets and a Dutch oven on my fish fryer many times. Best way to season a new skillet is to fry some French fries or fish, etc in it over an open flame. YMMV

Big House

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a whirlpool 6burner that I’d probably give to you for a pack of gum and a cigar or something. Think it has propane jets for it too. Lemme know. I yanked out of the kitchen when the wife made me redo the kitchen
There you go! Your local stop and rob will have his brand of gum or cigars. :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom