Little brother joined the marines

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrShooter

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
He left the hotel to the airport Monday morning on his way to MCRD San Diego.I should be getting a letter from him in 2-3 weeks. I'm just so damn proud of him and the other recruits. Can't wait to see the marine they make of him in February, he graduated high school 6 months ago on the honor roll and as a tutor to other students.

I'm just too ****ing proud for him and his future.

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good for him and great for us that he is stepping up to the calling.

Sounds like he's got a great big brother. Having lost my big brother several years ago, I would love to hear him say that he is proud of me again. I can promise you that your pride in him means more to him than you realize.

tranger2

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My son left last January. He is now stationed at Miramar on the F18 flightline. You can't describe the feeling you have for them. And whatever you do, don't miss his graduation ceremonies...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It is good that your family is tight, try to attend his graduation since it will mean a lot to both of you and will never happen again. He will change immeasurably, Boot Camp is rough and makes men of guys who think they are tough. I remember my son went through Marine Boot Camp and he said they never saw a washing machine the entire time he was there. They did their washing buy hand and everything else the rough way.
He will honor you, your family and our country as a US Marine. Do you know why they used to call them Leathernecks? Look it up on the internet, it's interesting.

cowzrul

Distinguished 1998
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ooh rah! He sounds too smart to be a grunt so what's his MOS going to be?

I disagree. I had scored a 122 on the ASVAB in 1985 and asked to go Infantry. Only dumb people go 03xx.....SMH.

My son left last January. He is now stationed at Miramar on the F18 flightline. You can't describe the feeling you have for them. And whatever you do, don't miss his graduation ceremonies...

My son's graduation at MCRD San Diego was a very proud pappa moment. I concur! MrShooter you should plan on taking the trip when he graduates.

MrShooter

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Marines can only pick their field of work They designate the MOS at their discretion.

I will definitely be going to graduation. I went to all my friends graduation ceremonies as well.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ooh rah! He sounds too smart to be a grunt so what's his MOS going to be? If you want to help him get a little stronger, put candy in the letters you send him. Keep us updated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Were you a Marine? A Marine Infantryman? If not, you have no idea WTF you're talking about. Every Marine is a rifleman first. I served as an infantry officer in the USMC for a shade over 21 years, some of the finest men in the world were grunts. I take issue when they get disrespected. I'm hoping your post was not intended to be that way and that I just read it wrong.

To the OP; congratulations. When your brother graduates, he will be a member of a tremendous brotherhood of folks who proudly wear or wore the Eagle Globe and Anchor. Even if he is just a "dumb" grunt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

surjimmy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
03walkalot ALL THE WAY. As a stupid Grunt, just a little ol E3 I could call in and put an artillery round in your lap from miles away. I could walk you across a Country or through a Jungle I've never been to before with just a compass and map. If anything happened to my College educated Lt. I could step into his shoes and lead my Men either to war or safety, and as a STUPID Ol GRUNT I could put a 5.56 round up a Flea's A@# at 200 yards

Latest posts

Top Bottom