Little help with this gun

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blutch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh man.. thanks so much to all of you for all these details.

I'm concerned about making the trade for this gun, but I have no other offers coming at all. I am most interested in learning to skeet shoot right now. I have no opportunities to bird hunt in the immediate future, but might develop some as I get into skeet.

So, I am inclined to go with this gun to get started and maybe pick up n 870 if i have an opportunity to bird hunt in the future.

Does that sound wise?

B

BobBarker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wouldn't do the deal unless you are getting the shotgun and $200 for your M&P. I think your pistol would quickly sell at $500, and real value is between $550 and $525. With $500, you could get a new Beretta 391, 11-87 hunter, or something like a used Winchester Super X-2, Browning Silver/Gold, or a used 11/87 or 1100 and pocket $100 for shells.

David D

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
ive got a remington 870 express magnum and i have had it for about 5 years now and its the only shotgun i have owned. ive hunted dove pheasent and duck with the thing and im gonna keep running it til it wears down all the way. its a pretty good gun i think but i dont have much experience with other shotguns since its the only one i have owned. i wouldnt trade your pistol plus money for that shotgun. if you really wanna get rid of it sell it straight up and buy you a new shotgun. if you are lookin to sell it here is a pretty damn good website to sell guns on. i have sold two rifles on here. www.armslist.com check it out

blutch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks. I have decided to sell the hand gun outright and look for a new or used shot gun. I have it listed on OSA and one offer on it. I'm still not sure what gun to get or where to buy it.

B

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks. I have decided to sell the hand gun outright and look for a new or used shot gun. I have it listed on OSA and one offer on it. I'm still not sure what gun to get or where to buy it.

B

First, decide on your primary use. Intended game, sport, et al.

Then decide on method. How you flush game? etc.

Then decide on time of season. All season? Early season? Late season?

All these things will play a difference in what choke/load you choose. The host gun,... well,... get what you are comfortable with and try to find something robust to the weather. You can literally go from $250 (although I wouldnt recommend it) up to several thousand dollars.

To give you some insight,... out of the things I listed above, for instance time of season, game will flush sooner the later in the season. This means a longer distance. You will want a load/choke combo that will allow you to effectively reach out and touch the game. Earlier in the season, when game is less prone to being "flighty", a total different choke/load will suffice.

David D

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
i read your replys on your dealings with other people and it sounds like you are a pretty legit preson to deal with and i like that. but as for your your shotgun you just gotta think about the range your gonna wanna shoot at so the whole choke thing is gonna be a variable i would have to say get something with a removable choke. plus you gotta think about pump over semi. semi's will keep you on the target better but that will also run you a little but more money wise. i like my pump regardless of what people say i can still stay on target... i got meat to proove it lol. its all up to you man

blutch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thank you all for your replies.

I have no idea what I will ultimately like to do. I want to try skeet/trap shooting. I know now they are very different and different from different kinds of hunting.

The head shotgun trainer guy at my club recommended a Benelli until I told him I couldn't afford it and he then said Remington 1100/11-87. for learning skeet. I'm currently looking for one with removable chokes.

Thanks for all your help!

B

Uncle Bobby

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
A skeet gun is pretty much good for skeet only and has an open bore as mentioned above. Go with screw in chokes if you are going with one shotgun for all sports. These older fixed choke guns don't have much value for variety shooting.

Latest posts

Top Bottom