Local Gun Shops Worth Recognizing in OKC and *Tulsa

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dreasen25

Marksman
Reaction score
So I have been curious of this for some time, and with all the members on this forum I am hoping there will be a lot of good information shared on this thread. I know about the bigger gun ranges that also specialize in gun sales (Wilshire Gun, H&H, etc.) but I am curious what are some of the go to gun shops you frequent that you would recommend that is local to the OKC area. Anyone have a local OKC gun shop they would recommend? Not only for a good deal on a firearm (although that is always welcome), but also good business practices or a shop that has a quality staff in place that can answer questions and is not afraid to spend time with someone with less knowledge.

*I included Tulsa in the title as I know there are good shops in the Tulsa area as well.

RKM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Stay away from Gun World in Del City unless you want to see prices like a $800 Glock and a $600 Mossberg shotgun.

Kings Pawn in Del City always has a large assortment of firearms and parts at fairly decent prices.

Best Buy Pawn in Del City is pretty good. They carry some parts (magazines, holsters...etc) I've gotten a few good deals on used holsters and gun rugs there.

Sooner Pawn, in SW & NW OKC, always has good deals on rifles, shotguns, pistols and revolvers. I've bought a few guns from them and have always been satisfied by their service and staff.

glowworm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oklahoma Machine Gun inside Wilshire Gun. Helpful, friendly, good prices. No issues at all.
The folks at BDC Gunroom in Shawnee have generally been nice and helpful, although their prices are a bit steep.
H&H, in my experience has been spotty in terms of service. Sometimes good, sometimes bad. Prices seem reasonable though. Huge selection of everything.
Wilshire just doesn't seem to have much despite the size. Prices are a bit high IMO.
Big Boys Guns west of the airport is ok.
Village Tactical has great prices and great service. Prob my go-to shop.
Cabelas and Bass Pro occasionally have decent sales going on.
Finally, S&G Ammo in Stillwater has the best prices on ammo I've found.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'll second Sooner State Pawn, great folks and they also do $10 transfers if you buy a gun online and need it shipped to an FFL. Village Tactical is a good shop, I have got lots of parts there. Big Boys in Mustang has a nice climate controlled indoor range with good ventilation, friendly people on both the range and sales side, a good selection of stuff, and fair prices. Big Boys also always seems to have .22 in stock, CCI Mini mags at $9.95 per hundred today and often bulk packs of Federal Auto match at like $24.95 per 325 box.

dreasen25

Marksman
Reaction score
Oklahoma Machine Gun inside Wilshire Gun. Helpful, friendly, good prices. No issues at all.
The folks at BDC Gunroom in Shawnee have generally been nice and helpful, although their prices are a bit steep.
H&H, in my experience has been spotty in terms of service. Sometimes good, sometimes bad. Prices seem reasonable though. Huge selection of everything.
Wilshire just doesn't seem to have much despite the size. Prices are a bit high IMO.
Big Boys Guns west of the airport is ok.
Village Tactical has great prices and great service. Prob my go-to shop.
Cabelas and Bass Pro occasionally have decent sales going on.
Finally, S&G Ammo in Stillwater has the best prices on ammo I've found.

Thanks for your input, I just learned of village tactical and will be visiting them soon. I've seen nothing but good things about their prices and customer service.

POPIG

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sooner Guns in Tulsa on Mingo
I have been there many times when they are busy and when not, but they are always nice and friendly prices are fine also.Few years ago when things were nuts they never took advantage kept prices in range and they have grown for that. Even recently with .22 they kept prices $34-$40 brick when all else were $60 fine people good attitude.
They always have good selection of inventory.

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Another +1 for Sooner State Pawn.

If I remember correctly, every new firearm that I have purchased since 2009 has come from either their north or south store. Quite a few used ones as well.

OKNewshawk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
+1 for Sooner Guns, and I'd add to the Tulsa list Fat Boy Tactical in Bixby and Bullitt Firearms in Broken Arrow. Both have friendly, knowledgeable people behind the counters. I've bought from both of them and will do so in the future.

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Big Boys Guns
Kings Guns and Pawn in Del City
Sooner State Pawn and Sooner Guns N Gold in Norman
Marks Firearms in Moore

Agree... are all GTG as mentioned.

Latest posts

Top Bottom