long range

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
DITTO DAT!!!
Take a look at the 10FCP-k in .223, I have one and it is Ded Nuts accurate.
Is the VTR the one with the triangular barrel??, if so, haven't heard much
good about it.

THREAD DRIFT!!!!!!!! Since your showing a "Battle Crab", an listing yourself as retired, one is this Mil., or LEO, and second do you still have 8+2???

Blitzfike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I shoot 204 ruger, 223 rem and 7mm mag as my long range stuff. the smaller calibers are much more comfortable to shoot all day with, but the 7mm mag gets it done. I had a 300 win mag but after shoulder surgery a couple of years ago, I gave it to my Son who loves it. It was the premier long range gun in my arsenal. The only thing that would have been better is something in 50BMG. I shoot and load it, but don't currently have a rifle in that one. I own several brands of rifle, but have settled on the Savage or Stevens family for choice now. My ability to change barrels and calibers without sending it off to a gunsmith coupled with their quality and accuracy make them my choice. Different folks have different preferences. Thats what makes the world spin... Blitzfike

Thorgrim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Since you don't have a ton of $$$ for a dedicated long range rig, why not look at the Tikka T-3 Lite in .243. It is a great hunting rifle and a great round for coyotes, deer or long range shooting. The triggers are decent and you can get a Manners stock for the Tikka's now too. (when you have some cash to upgrade). The price isn't too bad on the Tikka and I'll bet you will get a better shooter than a Remington (on average). I have 4 Rem. 700's....I'm not slagging them; but they are all built now too.

Latest posts

Top Bottom