Looking for a gunsmith to shorten a double barrel shotgun

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

forindooruseonly

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm looking for recommendations for a gunsmith to chop the barrels on an older Ithaca Flues double barrel. I don't want a hack job, the rib might need to be silver soldered back into place if it pops during the cut, I'd like a bead installed, and a cap or plug in the gap between the barrels. Anybody have any suggestions as to who to take this to? I'd ship if necessary, but would prefer a local smith - just to support the local guys ya know? I'm wanting to cut them down to 11 inches. I spoke with the examiner on my Form 1 for it, and I should be getting the stamp back in a couple of weeks.

Any input would be awesome. Thanks!

forindooruseonly

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for those suggestions! I'll get on the horn and chat with them to see would be willing to do it. NikatKimber, no worries I'll post some as soon as I get it done.

forindooruseonly

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
UPDATE!! It's done!

Here are a couple of pics, I'll take some proper ones of it when I figure out how I want to stage it. Just got the barrels back today from Mechanical Accuracy, they did an awesome job. I've wanted one of these since I was a kid, now it's time to go shoot it...

i13.photobucket.com_albums_a263_Forindooruseonly_Ithaca3.jpg

i13.photobucket.com_albums_a263_Forindooruseonly_Ithaca1.jpg

i13.photobucket.com_albums_a263_Forindooruseonly_Ithaca2.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom