Shorten barrel with factory camo finish?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tylojuky

Marksman
Reaction score
I have a Beretta a400 Xtreme that came from the factory with a camo finish (I think it's some kind of "wrap" or "skin" but not sure). I can get extra barrels with the same camo pattern but they don't make one as short as I want. I'd like to buy a spare barrel and shorten it to 20 inches or so for turkey.
Is it possible for a gunsmith to cut down a barrel without ruining that factory-applied camo finish?
Can a gunsmith bore and tap for the factory Beretta "Optimachoke HP" chokes?

Thanks

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a Beretta a400 Xtreme that came from the factory with a camo finish (I think it's some kind of "wrap" or "skin" but not sure). I can get extra barrels with the same camo pattern but they don't make one as short as I want. I'd like to buy a spare barrel and shorten it to 20 inches or so for turkey.
Is it possible for a gunsmith to cut down a barrel without ruining that factory-applied camo finish?
Can a gunsmith bore and tap for the factory Beretta "Optimachoke HP" chokes?

Thanks
From what I have read, the A400’s have a very thin barrel wall. This might make it difficult to find someone willing to thread for chokes if cut down. But I’m no gunsmith.

at the expense of trashing a beretta barrel, getting it threaded, and fixing the camo, you could probably purchase a decent stand alone turkey gun. It would be no Beretta though, I have an a400 upland and I love it.

tylojuky

Marksman
Reaction score
Gene Sears Supply has no gunsmith on staff.

Wildcat Precision says he can definitely cut down the barrel without harming the factory-applied camo pattern.
Re-boring and threading for the factory choke depends on the barrel thickness at the point where it's cut off and he's checking up on that for me.

In any case, it'll take me a while because I'll have to order a new barrel with the same camo pattern first and who knows how long that could take.

Latest posts

Top Bottom