Looking for a pistol for the girlfriend...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
single stack 3rd gen smiths might be a good option for her. Someone give me some model numbers here. good ccw weapon with enough heft to handle recoil and thin enough for smaller hands.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
single stack 3rd gen smiths might be a good option for her. Someone give me some model numbers here. good ccw weapon with enough heft to handle recoil and thin enough for smaller hands.

3913. S&W even made one in a "Ladysmith" version. I have a 3913 and it's an excellent carry gun. The trigger reach in DA mode may be a little longish for someone with short fingers though.

The Kahr P9, J Frame Smith, Kel-Tec's and Bersa .380's would be good options. The Springfield EMP 9mm would be a good one to look at, but pricey. Sigarms is also making a 1911 pattern .380 that should be a very managable size.

Make sure that whatever she looks at, she tries all of the controls and checks to make sure the recoil spring and trigger pull are managable. Some guns may feel comfortable in her hand, but not easily operated due to stiff springs or control placement.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score

Here's a couple of pic's to show its size to other small platforms.
3913 and SIG P225
ai151.photobucket.com_albums_s127_ldp4570_GUNS_fdaaabf4.jpg

3913 and SW 640 J-Frame
ai151.photobucket.com_albums_s127_ldp4570_GUNS_S3000076.jpg

3913 with double mag pouch, VSAK, ColdSteel medium Voyager, and CRKT M16.
ai151.photobucket.com_albums_s127_ldp4570_GUNS_S3000029_4.jpg

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
the S&W model 64 group buy would be a heck of a good option for her. 4" can be put in a purse (not as easy as a snubby, but doable.) and the .38 is a good round, plus the price is $213 out tha door.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife is about the same size and she started out with a Taurus PT22 then went to a Bersa Thunder .380,then a Taurus .357/.38 revolver,now she has a M&P 9mm compact I recently bought her and she loves it,its perfect for her. For now. Plus,cool thing about OSA is being able to sell the stuff she went thru and get my money back.

Big Bad Wolf

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Okay. So after lots of visit and asking around and playing with others' pistols... I've done gone off the deep end and basically all but asked her freaking m-m-marry me. I bought the girlfriend a .40 S&W M&P compact semi auto. Wait till the guys at work hear this!!! I would like to thank all those that have given freely to the process and those that have let her play with their toys (wait that sounds bad). As soon as can I'll get pics of her up on here and give you guys and gals a range report or a new posting for a barely used pistol!! Later!! LMAO!!!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom