Looking for an all metal subcompact rec.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eric

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
My friend needs a gun. She's a small girl, and very new to guns, but she's finally decided she wants to get a concealed carry and thus, needs a gun. She has tiny (childlike) hands, and after looking at many of my guns, she decided my p-11 was at the upper end of her size allowances.

Her mom has a little beretta .22, which she loves, but I want her to have something in a decent calibur...at least .380. Her dad is one of those "I hate plastic guns" types, and gave her a speech about how she shouldn't carry a plastic gun. I tried to argue with her, but she won't have it. The way I see it, at least she's willing to carry one...that's a small victory in and of itself.

So, I need a recommendation on something very small (maybe around the size of a p3at), in at least .380, and all metal. Any of these criteria are flexible, but get as close to it as possible.

Thanks in advance!

Iwant1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My friend needs a gun. She's a small girl, and very new to guns, but she's finally decided she wants to get a concealed carry and thus, needs a gun. She has tiny (childlike) hands, and after looking at many of my guns, she decided my p-11 was at the upper end of her size allowances.

Her mom has a little beretta .22, which she loves, but I want her to have something in a decent calibur...at least .380. Her dad is one of those "I hate plastic guns" types, and gave her a speech about how she shouldn't carry a plastic gun. I tried to argue with her, but she won't have it. The way I see it, at least she's willing to carry one...that's a small victory in and of itself.

So, I need a recommendation on something very small (maybe around the size of a p3at), in at least .380, and all metal. Any of these criteria are flexible, but get as close to it as possible.

Thanks in advance!

Some suggestions: The metal Series KAHR would be great if money isn't an issue.
The new sub-compact Berreta Storm..
Sig 380
Revolvers weren't mentioned, but there are alot that would work there.
Springfield EMP in a 9mm..
Bersa .380
wow there isn't very many small metal frame guns..

bilboben

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You already mentioned the Bersa cc380, a good size and a good choice. I like the grips on a pistol of this size. It is bigger than a pocket gun (which I carry), so is more manageable which allows for a desire to shoot more, which allows for more practice. The last is a very important thing.

Seacamp, NAA both make very good all metal pocket guns (I have a NAA 32acp) but I don't shoot them much, because there is no grip. They both make a 380 model.

I carry a pocket gun all the time, as a bug. I do not recommend as a primary, but any gun you carry is better than no gun at all.

natgas

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a similar problem with my wife. She refuses to carry a "heavy" gun in her purse but really wants something that is light and easy to shoot. She dislikes 38's and larger and prefers a pistol over a revolver.

I'm currently checking out the various 380's even though ammo is very difficult to find. I would prefer something in a 9mm but the smaller ones just have too much recoil for her small frame.

Eric

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a similar problem with my wife. She refuses to carry a "heavy" gun in her purse but really wants something that is light and easy to shoot. She dislikes 38's and larger and prefers a pistol over a revolver.

I'm currently checking out the various 380's even though ammo is very difficult to find. I would prefer something in a 9mm but the smaller ones just have too much recoil for her small frame.

I'm a huge fan of the Keltec p3at, in your situation. I might end up giving one a spray coat of metallic rustoleum and hope my friend doesn know the difference... (jk)

Zombie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I have had the same issue. She finally decided she likes the LCP. Aside from that she liked the bersa thunder 380 but only w/ CT grips. And she liked the walther p22. She is getting the LCP tonight.

as far as OP I would look at the bersas or possibly the old colt 380 - there are tons of options out there

Latest posts

Top Bottom