Looking for an all metal subcompact rec.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

natgas

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Unfortunately, my wife doesn't care for the LCP or the Keltec. I purchased a PF9 for her and she hated it. She's very particular about the gun she will carry. Hopefully, at some point, she'll find something she is comfortable with.

bratch

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Kahr would fit what you want. The MK9 is an all steel 9mm subcompact, if you are worried about weight the PM9 has a polymer frame. They also have the K9 and P9 which are slightly larger 9mms.

Comte DeLoach

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My friend needs a gun. She's a small girl, and very new to guns, but she's finally decided she wants to get a concealed carry and thus, needs a gun. She has tiny (childlike) hands, and after looking at many of my guns, she decided my p-11 was at the upper end of her size allowances.

Her mom has a little beretta .22, which she loves, but I want her to have something in a decent calibur...at least .380. Her dad is one of those "I hate plastic guns" types, and gave her a speech about how she shouldn't carry a plastic gun. I tried to argue with her, but she won't have it. The way I see it, at least she's willing to carry one...that's a small victory in and of itself.

So, I need a recommendation on something very small (maybe around the size of a p3at), in at least .380, and all metal. Any of these criteria are flexible, but get as close to it as possible.

Thanks in advance!

CZ-83. Best .380 out there. Steel frame, and is very accurate and reliable....

DaveTec

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Kahr would fit what you want. The MK9 is an all steel 9mm subcompact, if you are worried about weight the PM9 has a polymer frame. They also have the K9 and P9 which are slightly larger 9mms.

+1

The MK9 and the MK40 are small, very small and all metal. Tremendous guns!
Take her to H&H and have her fondle both.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
My friend needs a gun. She's a small girl, and very new to guns, but she's finally decided she wants to get a concealed carry and thus, needs a gun. She has tiny (childlike) hands, and after looking at many of my guns, she decided my p-11 was at the upper end of her size allowances.

Her mom has a little beretta .22, which she loves, but I want her to have something in a decent calibur...at least .380. Her dad is one of those "I hate plastic guns" types, and gave her a speech about how she shouldn't carry a plastic gun. I tried to argue with her, but she won't have it. The way I see it, at least she's willing to carry one...that's a small victory in and of itself.

So, I need a recommendation on something very small (maybe around the size of a p3at), in at least .380, and all metal. Any of these criteria are flexible, but get as close to it as possible.

Thanks in advance!

Walther PPK????

noslogto

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
She won't enjoy shoot a Kel-Tec 380. Too much recoil for fun shooting. Also a very long trigger pull. It's a great carry gun, but if she wants something to shoot at the range as well, I would steer clear of the Kel-Tec.

Maybe Kahr MK-9, although I haven't shot one of those.

Latest posts

Top Bottom