Looking for Opinions (Sig 556)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grwd

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
look into POFs. I like them right along with LWRC as my piston guns of choice.
This is one I have on Gunbroker right now.
[Broken External Image]

Eric67

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
look into POFs. I like them right along with LWRC as my piston guns of choice.
This is one I have on Gunbroker right now.

I like that NP3 coating they have, does their ambi bolt release work well, I always wondered how tough that thing was to get to release with the trigger finger.

MeanderingBeing

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Had a friend who had one, (sig 556, that is) let me shoot it once in a while. I fell in love with the thing! Two things to note though: Its maybe a pound or two heavier than your average AR of the same size, and the front is a bit heavier thanks to the piston. I actually liked it being front heavy, it felt more stable when shooting from a sitting or prone position. That, and the thing was smack-dab bulls-eye accurate every shot at 200 yards, so the only thing you really have to worry about is user-error.

rodman2112

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've owned both the AR and the 556. Love the Sig! The trigger is awesome. Yeah, it weighs a bit more, but the time I save cleaning the weapon more than makes up for it (piston rod system). The only knock on the Sig that I can think of is that the ejected brass dings up the rear of the ejection port.

Latest posts

Top Bottom