Looking for place to hunt hogs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll come brushhog all day long for ya. But I don't wanna shoot no pigs until after a hard freeze. I still remember how bad I smelled after loading up the pickup last time ... :faint::rollingla

And I promise I won't shoot your panel this time neither ... :lookaroun although I still maintain my bullet went through the piglet into the rail. I mean it WAS a little dude ...:sorry4:
Yall people who want to wait for a hard freeze....I assure you a warm blooded mammal will still have ticks, fleas and lice after freezes.

operator742

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oklahoma trapping regs only allow an offset trap that does not "totally pinch" the leg. It only has to hold the leg via a knuckle, hence the leg hold traps regulation. You cannot leg hold trap an armadillo because they don't have the knuckle to keep it in the trap. They slip right through it.
I understand that it's legal ,I just don't like them I think they are inhumane ,I prefer conibear style traps that kill the animal.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yall people who want to wait for a hard freeze....I assure you a warm blooded mammal will still have ticks, fleas and lice after freezes.

Pigs seem to have better "personal hygiene" than deer, and in east TX, I find exponentially more ticks on deer than I do on pigs. Pigs always smell worse, so that may be the contributing factor.:anyone:

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

That may be true, but I'm as worried about those debil-spawn chiggers getting on me as I am ticks. And besides, say what you want, guts, piss and **** are less stinky in the winter than they are in the summer heat.

Latest posts

Top Bottom