Looks like a crawdad sort of

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have eaten 2 scorpions I found in the woods. I broke the business end of the tail off with a stick while holding it to the ground with another stick.
Then pick it up and shove it head first pinchers and all into your mouth and get to chewing.
Crush the head on the first bite..Just the humane thing to do.

They may look like a crawdad but the things taste like wood or cardboard box.

Dang those friends that dare me to eat sumpthin.

First one I had BBQ chips with it.. Second one I had nothing..Better with BBQ chips.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
BLECK!

giphy-downsized-large.gif

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yea it was not all that bad.. I will rinse or wash the next one as they have dirty feet.

One day my father would not feed me on a fishing trip. Nothing for breakfast no lunch as he was just drinking beer all day with his buddies.
I asked for food he said wait.. it was 3 PM i am still waiting and I was catching carp off the small dock we were on.
I was starving!
I cut the side of the next carp I caught and deboned the meat and began eating small pieces of deboned carp.
It was actually pretty good or I was just really hungry.
After 5 minutes of picking the meat out of the bones it began to warm up..I tossed it back into the lake and caught another one, it was cooler than the one I had on the dock for 5 minutes.
I ate the side of it also..
Dad walked past me on the second fish to get more beer from the truck and asked what i was doing.

I told him i was hungry and there is not any food.. he shruged and went on and got his beer and said there is Pepsi in the cooler.
Yea No!! I wanted water as sodas make me thirsty and feel crummy.
I drank the ice water that was forming in the cooler or the lake water.
1 or 2 sodas a day is all i can stand.. and usually only have 1 or 2 a week.

Funny now that I think back ... raw carp was good but soda was not. I was about 12 at the time.

I am surprised that I am not wormy.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
swampratt- Don't you have a momma? She could have made you a nice bologna sandwich and you'd be better by now and so would we. I don't know hw old you are but when I was a kid and the family traveled on the road there weren't as many fast food joints so we'd buy some bologna and loaf of bread and some milk and pull over beside the highway and chow down. As I remember, we all drank out of the same quart container of milk and none of us got sick or developed any stinkin' virus.

Latest posts

Top Bottom