Looks like I won't be buying a new turkey gun this year.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Instead I'm buying a lifetime license. I've been going back an forth on picking one up. I really don't want to buy an annual fishing license or combo license and endup paying a couple hundred by the time I add all the crap(additional tags and what not).

So I'm going to dip into savings and just do it. now the one question I have, but will be answered when I walk into the Wildlife dept tomorrow is. Will I receive the actual license at time of purchase or will I get a receipt with the real license in the mail later?

regardless I'm sure I'll be covered fishing next weekend.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When I got my combo 8 or so years ago I got my license on the spot and paid like $1 to have them laminate it for me.

I don't know about the recent times, but when getting mine in the 80's the local GW had to sign the application for you, and then it was sent in.

DanB, this will be the best decision you have ever made in your outdoor life.

white92coupe

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't know about the recent times, but when getting mine in the 80's the local GW had to sign the application for you, and then it was sent in.

DanB, this will be the best decision you have ever made in your outdoor life.

I got mine at headquarters as I lived in Oklahoma county at the time.

ultimatesooner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I lived in Cherokee county when I got mine back in 1994 or so when they were getting ready to have a price increase from $400 up to I don't remember. My mom and uncle chipped in and bought it for me for a really early HS graduation present. IIRC, they mailed it to me - I have had to get one replacement since then and they mailed it as well

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well its done. No more worrying about buying a license. No more worrying about a tag purchases and all the extra crap the lifetime covers. Although putting $775 on my cc hurt.

Latest posts

Top Bottom