Looks like I won't be buying a new turkey gun this year.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It was one of the best decisions I'v ever made! It actually encouraged me to go out and hunt more too.

And you will hunt more ethically, knowing that lifetime will go away with a serious conviction.

Not saying anybody hunted unethically before getting the license, but it does make one think a little.

Deer Slayer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In 1980 I paid $450.00 for a combo for myself and Huckleberry 75 when he was 5 yrs old. Never looked back and was worth every penny. You could never get a a better return on your investment.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Speaking of investments, the first dollar of every lifetime license, has never been spent by the wildlife department.
The money is invested, and the returns are used by them.
Its a never ending gift to the sportsmen and women of this state. Long after you and I are long gone, our purchase will still be giving to our heirs, and others in the state.

thaHooligan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
im having this same debate. i have been wanting to get an AR15, but i also want the lifetime license! still not sure which i will choose at this point. it will be another couple weeks before i make my decision. does the lifetime license cover the hunting license AND the tags?

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
yes. That is how it pays for itself so quick. If you rifle, ML and archery hunt deer only your tags are covered. Add it all up and you will see the math.

Do the AR next year.

Erick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In 1980 I paid $450.00 for a combo for myself and Huckleberry 75 when he was 5 yrs old. Never looked back and was worth every penny. You could never get a a better return on your investment.

My Father in Law won a lifetime license last year as a door prize at some event in Clinton. He called the next day to get my son's SSN so he could put it in his name. My son wasn't even two years old and my Father in Law didn't have his lifetime either. It was a fantastic surprise by a selfless man. There is no telling how much money he saved me for a future license. I can't wait to repay a portion of his generosity when he becomes eligible for the Senior License in a couple of years.

papal

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
To all those reading this that haven't gotten your lifetime yet.........I know it's one of those choices that seems hard, but trust those of us who have taken the plunge as attested to by all the posts in this thread: JUST DO IT. Unlike many gun and gun-related purchases...you won't be disappointed in this one, not ever. In fact, regardless of your age you'll wish you had done it sooner. My oldest is taking his hunter safety course this spring.....and he will be getting a brand new laminated lifetime for his birthday.

J.T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I kick myself everytime I pay for my annual and tags. One question and I realize with a little more motivation I could probably figure this out myself. My current situation has a very distinct possiblity of a transfer to Texas in the future, would a lifetime license in Oklahoma allow me to come back and hunt at will or would I need to purchase an out of state license?

Latest posts

Top Bottom