Looks like the US is "Getting out of the war on Drugs"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonN06

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, good. This way the poor, underfunded private merc companies can subsidize their earnings with coke and meth profits... Cause I'm sure they all are of the highest moral standards. That's why they are soldiers for hire, not US govt employees...

I'm not saying they have moral standards, but if I had military experience and was at the point where I was done with my contract with the US gov and blackwater says hey you can do the same stuff with less regulations while still having the US back you, and we're gonna pay you a heck of a lot more too. I'd probably go for it.

But, then again I'm to much of a pansy to go over to foreign land to get shot at so I'll never be in that situation hopefully.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Once again, people poo-poo the message because of the messenger. "Infowars" and "Prisonplanet" (Alex Jones) may have some kookie stuff at times, but as out to lunch as they are, they typically cite sources. I haven't looked at the PP article, but from a quick Google......up to date on your Espanol?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/mundo/noticias...pentagono_guerra_drogas_mercenarios_wbm.shtml

If not:

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/08/07/world/07drugs.html?_r=4&src=me&ref=world

The United States is expanding its role in Mexico’s bloody fight against drug trafficking organizations, sending new C.I.A. operatives and retired military personnel to the country and considering plans to deploy private security contractors in hopes of turning around a multibillion-dollar effort that so far has shown few results.

The United States is assisting Mexican police forces in conducting wiretaps, running informants and interrogating suspects.
In recent weeks, small numbers of C.I.A. operatives and American civilian military employees have been posted at a Mexican military base, where, for the first time, security officials from both countries work side by side in collecting information about drug cartels and helping plan operations. Officials are also looking into embedding a team of American contractors inside a specially vetted Mexican counternarcotics police unit.

http://www.activistpost.com/2012/01/war-on-drugs-transferred-to-private.html

sanjuro893

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The US gov't is looking at this all wrong. How much would you pay for a drug smuggler tag? In season all year long but the huntable territory is limited to within 20 miles of the border.

We could be making money here, not spending it. We need to be looking at the glass half full here.

LOL! That's really not such a bad idea!

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We should just colonize the place already. They've got lots of beachfront property that would be great for more resorts and stuff if it were safe. I really think that the drug war down there is killing their tourist and vacation destination industry.

Hell, I don't even want to get near the border in Texas. Call me a pansy, but I'll be a living pansy. My company doesn't let me Carry Concealed in a company vehicle and if I were there, it'd be for work.

Latest posts

Top Bottom