Loudest Gun/Cartridge?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had a Ruger 30 caliber carbine pistol. The pitch was so high. It rang my ears for a long time after shooting. I think my upper hearing loss is because of that gun. At the time we only use cigarette butts for ear protection. What a fun to shoot.

I have always wanted one of those, and never even got to shoot one! Welcome to OSA!!!

Letfreedomring

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think the loudest I've experienced was .50 AE out of a Desert Eagle pistol at an indoor range.
I got kicked out of an indoor range in Dallas for that. My buddy, Jesus and I got off working night shift and he drove us to an indoor range in Dallas around the Red Oak area. Had to wait in parking lot for them to open up and when entering after signing waiver and all, going toward the double doors of shooting lanes a sign on door said "NO MAGNUMS ALLOWED". Being new to the shooting scene I asked my buddy if 50AE counted as a magnum and he shrugged and said don't worry about it and come on. He took his carry pistol which was a glock in 45acp and threw some down range while I unpacked my newly acquired DE. Loaded it up and Jesus stopped and stood behind me to check it out. Well, I lit one off and after getting my bearings and waiting for dust from overhead lights to settle I turn around and my buddy is nowhere to be seen. I peek around the lane dividers and see him bent over his loading bench laughing his ass off. We giggle like school girls for a few and I go back to sending $2 bills downrange when I heard a bunch of screaming and cease fires from behind. It was the shop owner which asked me if I could read.... I informed him that it said no magnums allowed, but this was a 50 action express. After his face turned a few more shades of red he blurted out "Well I think that qualifies, don't you?" I shrugged and pleaded ignorance and he asked if I would like to buy him a new backstop and I informed him that I would not. So he told us to pack up and leave his establishment as the steam slowed to a trickle from his ears. Jesus and I left and talked about that day for many years until I quit and moved to Missouri and lost touch with him. Good times!
BTW- Apparently 50AE = magnum :blush:

Cat City Slim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Loudest rifle was a 300 Remington Ultra Mag with a brake. Double hearing protection was highly advisable. I think the loudest report I’ve experienced was a ported 44 mag I shot inside a metal hunting blind. It was like sitting inside a bell. My brother, who was hunting a half mile away, texted me saying “Damn Buck that hog leg is loud!”

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Within the realm of what I’d call common guns I’d vote for a 1911A1 45ACP. When at an indoor range and I feel my fillings rattle a little it’s always a guy in the lane next to me shooting a 45.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This things concussion is pretty special

Attachments

• loud.jpg
    loud.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Top Bottom