Low ball offers!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OliverKlohzoff

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I just love all the Armlist ads with guns priced way over new and then "no lowball offers". How do you respond to these idiots ? Sometimes I just send them a link to Academy's website showing their $400 advertised S&W 9mm for $299.99. It's amazing the ahole responses you get from these people.

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My approach to lowballing is "Here is a lowball offer for your Eargesplitten Loudenboomer. Consider the offer open until 12/22/12 (Armageddon). This is not an offer to negotiate, it's what I will pay for the item. Best of luck with selling it for more, but if you decide to sell it to me, let me know."

I have picked up several items with this approach, and don't think anybody has gotten angry. I always respond to lowball offers on stuff I am selling. Rudest thing I have ever said is "no thanks."

MLR

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I agree with those who are basically saying it works both ways. I don't get upset when folks ask to much for what they are selling. Why should I have a problem with those who offer to little? Thats the way negotiations work. Unless a person setting the price says the price is non negotiable then its open for discussion.

Michael

30BulletHoles

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The only people who get butthurt by lowballers are the ones who think their **** is worth more than the same make, model that everyone else has. I respond to all offers on this site unless its from someone who hasn't been on the site long with a less than 20 post count. When I post something for sale, which isn't very often, I always ask a little more than what I want for it because I assume someone will shoot me a low offer and I want wiggle room to negotiate. When someone is selling an item I'll make a "lowball" offer if their price is outragous or what its worth to me if they are close to the value. This being said, if someone has $xxx firm on the price, its something I want and the money is right. I just give em what they are asking.

Jwryan84

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I listen to all offers & usually price my items a Lil high just as negotiation is part of it. Although I've been known to pay full asking price for something I have to have or something that is priced fairly to start with.

Bigjoe.45

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't mind the lowballers so much as they may just be seeking a deal or trying to start a negotiation. The ones I dislike are the cry babies who try to tell me what I should have priced it at because they saw on guns or pennies you can get an M14 for $108 shipped! Buy or don't buy, just don't be mad that I have it and you don't!

ahamay6

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This thread seems to come up fairly frequently. I dont see what the problem is. It is simple business and applies to anything a person has for sale or is trying to buy. The consumer's job is to pay as little as possible, the sellers job is to sell it for as much as possible. If I get an offer for less than I can sell an item for, I just say no. If I offer a seller an amount that he or she can't sell an item for and they say no, it doesn't hurt my feelings at all. Lastly, if a seller gets offended by a low offer, then that person is probably emotionaly attached to that item and needs to separate themselves from that emotion. Just my opinion.

Latest posts

Top Bottom