Low ball offers!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For me, its all in how you ask. If you send a PM with "I'll give you $200 for your Sig P228R if you meet me half way to OKC and take a check" and you honestly expect a response, then no amount of explaining I can do is going to help. BTW, if you wait until we meet to tell me you don't have cash, then expect bad feedback, and don't count on the deal being made. If you're even remotely polite or respectful, I'll always respond.

If you're reading this thread and you're upset that someone else got butthurt over an offer you made, then you might want to reconsider how you made it. I've seen more butthurt over me telling someone no than I've ever seen (or given) from sellers responding to lowball offers. I've had people actually angry with me for selling an item after they lowballed me (and I know of one other person on this board that had someone start a whining thread when they lowballed him and he sold it to someone else and "didn't give that person first dibs").

Like everyone else, I want to maximize my dollar and I don't want to give anything away, but I've had to take a loss in the past and I've paid too much for something I really wanted. If I'm taking a loss and I've got multiple offers (even if one is lower, but the person is respectful on these forums, or I know them to be a decent human being from shooting or hanging out, etc.), I'll go with the more respectful guy and take the loss if the other offer is douchey.

68mustang

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think you should pay for something that is a fair value to both you and the seller. Lowballers get me irritated because they don't see it that way. However I just say no. Now tire kickers on the other hand...

Latest posts

Top Bottom