Lowes Food Grade 5 gallon buckets

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigDiezel

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Home Depot has the best lids, there avg. black lids with a seal are like $2 , easy to open and seal and the Gamma lids are very nice and like $8 hard to put on but seals way better and will probably hold up better after alot of usage.

OkieGentleman

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Red Dawn on 6103 SE 15 MWC had recycled food containers for $1.50 ea with the original lids, They need washing, but what the heck at that price I can wash them. Call 405-732-0717 and check, I do not think they are open on Saturdays. They also have classes on long term storage and other aspects of survival.

Old Timer

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Atwoods has 5 gallon buckets and lids.

I like their lids, they are black and a bit more flexible then the ones at Lowes.
I have 2 buckets with lids that have been outside in the sun for over a year, and no weather checking or cracking.

Hannibal7

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Alternative is to put mylar or plastic bag in the bag, fill and remove as much air as possible, add moisture absorbent for long storage, seal bag, put on lid and LABEL it.

Great tip! One of my bigger fears is that all the food I have will be lost in the event of a house fire. I want to construct a root cellar, but in the meantime, does anyone have any good ideas for burying these containers?

farpoint

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have some 1 & 4 gal. cake/donut icing buckets for sale. Perfect for food prepping/storage. Lids have plastic seals. Haven't been used since they've been emptied. Washed & cleaned; still have original product sticker on side. I'll beat loox
cal prices. PM me if interested.

Latest posts

Top Bottom