Lowest deer harvest ... in how long?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VIKING

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
MoBoost, I don't have trouble seeing deer. Opening day I saw 3 different bucks. It's just that for every doe I see I will see 2 or 3 bucks. I can't figure why the does are nocturnal but the bucks aren't. Maybe the does were staying hid from the bucks. I really don't know. I do know that the area I hunt has been this way for years. Practically every hunt you will see more bucks than does....Not sure why....

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
MoBoost, I don't have trouble seeing deer. Opening day I saw 3 different bucks. It's just that for every doe I see I will see 2 or 3 bucks. I can't figure why the does are nocturnal but the bucks aren't. Maybe the does were staying hid from the bucks. I really don't know. I do know that the area I hunt has been this way for years. Practically every hunt you will see more bucks than does....Not sure why....

If you had some horny sucker wearing you out all night you would be bedded down all day too.

30BulletHoles

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not surprised by low numbers. More often than not I saw no deer at all or very few in places where I usually see a lot of deer. Very unusual for nwok

VIKING

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And when he sees the same thing when they are not in rut?
Somebody might want to explain that one. LoL.
I've got an explanation Dennis. I've been hunting on the same property for I think 16 years. I can honestly say that every year I will see more bucks then does. Sixteen years ought to be long enough to come out of the closet and say I've got more bucks than does on the section I hunt. No other way to explain it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom