M1s from Korea

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
When the Koreans first started to produce thier own ammunition, for the guns we sent/sold them, it was corrosive primed. One of the reasons alot of the BlueSky Carbines needed new barrels. Yep there's a fool falling off the truck every minute, but for everyone here if you want an M1 Garand go the CMP route, you'll get a quality gun, quality service, and wont have to worry about when its going to fall apart.

sumoj275

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ammo is my concern for a Garand right now. I want a been there and done it Garand...........time period WWII or even early Korea. Actually oth time periods would be great.

BTW, any news on the ammo with the CMP? I need to join a club and find out what is all necessary.

kwinok

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just picked up a 6 digit 1942 with matching barrel from a CMP member. CMP is supposed to be getting another shipment of Greek AF ammo. Might be a few months before it is sorted, lotted, and priced.

GlockCop

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I beleive the CMP is slated to get a large quantity of ammo soon if it isnt already in. You might check the website to be sure. They have a quantity of Hornady ammo for sale right now but at over a dollar a pop I dont think so. You could just do like me and reload. I have a recipie that copies the original 2750 fps. Just make sure you use the right powder so you dont break an op-rod.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I beleive the CMP is slated to get a large quantity of ammo soon if it isnt already in. You might check the website to be sure. They have a quantity of Hornady ammo for sale right now but at over a dollar a pop I dont think so. You could just do like me and reload. I have a recipie that copies the original 2750 fps. Just make sure you use the right powder so you dont break an op-rod.

I plan on reloading for it eventually (I've even laid on about 1500 bullets already). I'll recheck the CMP site every couple of days. Thanks!

kwinok

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
SMS, Yes I did get the CMP Certificate with the rifle.

GlockCop, Do you know if it is legal to pay someone to re-load ammo for you? Would that person need to have a FFL or some other kind of permit to do it? I'm not sure I want to get into reloading myself but I will be saveing my brass when I start shooting.

GlockCop

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
AFAIK it isnt illegal to have someone reload ammo for you. If someone was to reload thousands of rounds for commercial sale then there might be problems with taxes and permits and such. You might just want to do it yourself so you know its done right unless you trust that person.

Latest posts

Top Bottom