• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to OKShooters Association and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member

Want To Buy M65 Field Jacket...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 99.1%
109   1   0
You probably aren’t going to find an issue one in 4x

i was looking for a 2x bdu top in there and came up short. Unless height/weight requirements are out the window, biggest you might find in used surplus is xl and that would even be rare

absolutely not throwing shade at the OP. I used to wear 3x and that was a pain in the ass too.
There Was is/ was a surplus place In the stockyards that I had a bunch of new Bdu stuff and extended sizes- Sam’s I’m pretty sure if they are still there

Oh is it a insurance adjuster and had to have stuff at almost disposable prices because would get ruined crawling under houses and things

Yeah, I never even thought of that. :rolleyes2

OkieMoe

WHEELMAN
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This cold snap reminds me of the winter of 1979/80. We got over a foot of snow and the temps remained in the teens for well over a week. For Christmas that year, my uncle, who was a national guardsman, gave me and my three brothers an M65 field jacket in OD green.

I'm not positive, but I think this may be what sparked my love for OD green, because it was so warm and I never wanted to take it off.

Anyway, then the 80s happened and I discovered cars and girls and my taste in attire changed somewhat from military type clothing to more "cooler" threads.

But that was then, this is now, and I'm on a quest for another M65. I'm posting this thread as a WTB ad, but I doubt seriously if anybody has one in my size (4XL) and even if they did, would they wanna part with it.

So let me know who makes a good one. So far I'm leaning to either Propper or Rothco. Any other brands out there that make a decent one for around a 100 bucks?

:thanku:
The M65 was always my favorite. But as i get older im missing the old MA-1 bomber jackets I used to have in the 80's. A stepdad was in the 45th and worked supply. So we were always getting goodies funneled our way. Mid 70's I had my very own midget sized OD green fatigues.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 99.1%
109   1   0
The M65 was always my favorite. But as i get older im missing the old MA-1 bomber jackets I used to have in the 80's. A stepdad was in the 45th and worked supply. So we were always getting goodies funneled our way. Mid 70's I had my very own midget sized OD green fatigues.

I thought about an MA-1 bomber, but I've never owned one. I wasn't sure if they were as warm and tough as the M65.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Dangit GED, now you got me looking too. I miss my dad's M65, it was my normal winter coat for many years. Gave it to my son and he can tear up an anvil and then lose all the pieces, so it's long gone. Does anyone know how these run for fit? Particularly to length.

Gen III Polartec® Fleece Jacket
https://www.propper.com/gen-iii-fleece-jacket-1.html

SSG_McD

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 81.5%
22   5   0

Latest posts

Top Bottom