Mad dogs and Englishmen lying in the sun

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rudyard Kipling is credited with creating this for a line in a play. I've bastardized it with my (and many other's) changing the "Lying in the Sun" when it may, or may not, have been "go out in the midday sun".
Joe Cocker used it as a title of an album cover and tons of people have used it. It refers that in England, because it's mostly cloudy 90% of the time, when the sun came out, men would lay on the ground and soak up the sun regardless of where they were. This was common because they thought (and were right) the sun was beneficial. Thus, who would lay down in the midday sun? Only Mad Dogs and Englishmen....and my dog Tinker

Attachments

• Mad dogs.JPG
    Mad dogs.JPG
    94.5 KB · Views: 53

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rudyard Kipling is credited with creating this for a line in a play. I've bastardized it with my (and many other's) changing the "Lying in the Sun" when it may, or may not, have been "go out in the midday sun".
Joe Cocker used it as a title of an album cover and tons of people have used it. It refers that in England, because it's mostly cloudy 90% of the time, when the sun came out, men would lay on the ground and soak up the sun regardless of where they were. This was common because they thought (and were right) the sun was beneficial. Thus, who would lay down in the midday sun? Only Mad Dogs and Englishmen....and my dog Tinker
cute doggo.

Latest posts

Top Bottom