Mag couplers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Letfreedomring

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is it just me being a cheapskate or is it ridiculous to charge almost $20 (tax+ship) for 1 pmag coupler? Seems like with the advent of 3d printers these things would drop to closer to what they cost to make. Has anyone made their own? It would be nice to have some on hand with the way the world is going to pot, but I guess the first thing I need to do is try to fish my gunz up from bottom of the lake... :blush:

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
I dislike couplers, they get in my way, they're extra weight, and I feel like its slower than conducting a mag change without retention. only slightly faster than a mag change with retention.

BUT If I were to do such a thing, we would be on the same page. Paying for couplers is ridiculous, and theyre all overpriced. Instead, I would do something like this:

No spacer, staggered mags taped together reversed.
1696963235405.png

1696963302289.png

All you need is some good tape.

Other option?

brass up on same side, spacer in between. I've seen spent brass used, I've seen cardboard, I've seen chunks of plastic and wood.
you attach spacer,
OhWnHqj (Large).jpeg
put the mags together,

vQ5TsKv (Large).jpeg
Do it again, and tape both mags together.
LO6h0FK (Large).jpeg

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Or, if the guys in the locker room call you tripod because your "little fella" is better used as a third leg, you just use a magazine as a spacer, cause you are the true total unit.
1696963913013.png

1696963939717.png

1696964014511.png

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I dislike couplers, they get in my way, they're extra weight, and I feel like its slower than conducting a mag change without retention. only slightly faster than a mag change with retention.

BUT If I were to do such a thing, we would be on the same page. Paying for couplers is ridiculous, and theyre all overpriced. Instead, I would do something like this:

No spacer, staggered mags taped together reversed.
View attachment 418298
View attachment 418299
All you need is some good tape.

Other option?

brass up on same side, spacer in between. I've seen spent brass used, I've seen cardboard, I've seen chunks of plastic and wood.
you attach spacer,
View attachment 418301put the mags together,

View attachment 418302Do it again, and tape both mags together. View attachment 418300

A cut down #2 pencil is what I have used. Works great!

Latest posts

Top Bottom