Mail delivery

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The mail at my new address has been getting slower and slower til yesterday.
The right person must have found the right person to complain to.
As I was driving through the neighborhood about 5 or 6 yesterday I counted no less than 5 lettercarriers trudging along with bags and arms full of mail.
Upon checking my mailbox there were 14 pieces. The most we've received at one time since we moved in here.
The part that pisses me is the overdue ones I now have to pay a penalty on.
Hopefully that carrier is gone and mail will arrive in a timely fashion from now on. Rant over.

Big House

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The mail at my new address has been getting slower and slower til yesterday.
The right person must have found the right person to complain to.
As I was driving through the neighborhood about 5 or 6 yesterday I counted no less than 5 lettercarriers trudging along with bags and arms full of mail.
Upon checking my mailbox there were 14 pieces. The most we've received at one time since we moved in here.
The part that pisses me is the overdue ones I now have to pay a penalty on.
Hopefully that carrier is gone and mail will arrive in a timely fashion from now on. Rant over.
Screw the USPS. They have a bunch of inbred OU fans running the so-called business now.

XYZ

Ribertarian
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have two different carriers who deliver mine. Dude that’s been doing it since we moved here.
Woman who fills in when he’s not here.
She literally runs 4-8 hours later than him.

Example Mondays.

Him by 1 noon but usually 11 a.m.
Her from 5 to 8 p.m.
I see her going down the other side of the highway around the same time as him early. Don’t know where she’s get lost at out there.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have two different carriers who deliver mine. Dude that’s been doing it since we moved here.
Woman who fills in when he’s not here.
She literally runs 4-8 hours later than him.

Example Mondays.

Him by 1 noon but usually 11 a.m.
Her from 5 to 8 p.m.
I see her going down the other side of the highway around the same time as him early. Don’t know where she’s get lost at out there.
Not saying she is or she isnt but i know the mail carrier out at the farm will have a substitute and she will be running 2 routes next to each other at the same time so some days she is later than other days depending on how she starts. My parents always like her cause she would bring things to big for the box up and put on their back porch knowing my parents never used the front door.

XYZ

Ribertarian
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not saying she is or she isnt but i know the mail carrier out at the farm will have a substitute and she will be running 2 routes next to each other at the same time so some days she is later than other days depending on how she starts. My parents always like her cause she would bring things to big for the box up and put on their back porch knowing my parents never used the front door.
If she’s running two routes she’s even dumber than all that. Run one then run the other. Only one route out this direction.

Boehlertaught

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If it wasn’t for junk mail Tuesdays, people trying to sell me replacement windows, aluminum siding ( kind of annoying they think our house looks so bad it needs siding), leave guards for gutters, pest control ( don’t need this I’m actually good at managing our grandchildren) and other unwanted stuff we rarely get mail.

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wish I could get somebody to deliver my mail and stuff like this hard-working, conscientious postal employee -- on a Sunday, no less:

USPS worker busted speeding over 100 mph in work van in race against Mustang: ‘Didn’t realize I was going that fast’​

Story says a sheriff's deputy in Ohio pulled over the woman and said he saw her and the driver of the Mustang take off from a traffic light and then clocked her postal van at 105 mph.
I guess she got off with a warning for drag racing and paid a fine for speeding.
USPS said it was aware but cannot comment on personnel matters.
(Maybe she's the only one that runs her route on time?)

https://nypost.com/2024/05/11/us-ne...racing-mustang-at-over-100-mph-in-postal-van/

Latest posts

Top Bottom