Mail delivery

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The mail at my new address has been getting slower and slower til yesterday.
The right person must have found the right person to complain to.
As I was driving through the neighborhood about 5 or 6 yesterday I counted no less than 5 lettercarriers trudging along with bags and arms full of mail.
Upon checking my mailbox there were 14 pieces. The most we've received at one time since we moved in here.
The part that pisses me is the overdue ones I now have to pay a penalty on.
Hopefully that carrier is gone and mail will arrive in a timely fashion from now on. Rant over.

Fill out check with due date and mail it in.

MP43

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just because your sign up for the informed delivery doesn't mean your going to get that mail that day or the next as it shows on the email, i have been signed up for years and have received mail that shows it was delivered 5 days prior to actually getting it.
Same here. If I get an email showing three pieces of mail, they'll sometimes all arrive that day, but its just as likely their arrival will be spread out over several days. Doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it.

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Same here. If I get an email showing three pieces of mail, they'll sometimes all arrive that day, but its just as likely their arrival will be spread out over several days. Doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it.

The emails I get tell me what mail is being delivered that day and more during the week. I only see pics of whats inbound that day.

So far I have had 0 issues with informed delivery being accurate.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The emails I get tell me what mail is being delivered that day and more during the week. I only see pics of whats inbound that day.

So far I have had 0 issues with informed delivery being accurate.
Same here. I have only seen one or two Informed Delivery messages where the mail didn't arrive that day, and I've had it enabled since 2018.

leemozoid

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just because your sign up for the informed delivery doesn't mean your going to get that mail that day or the next as it shows on the email, i have been signed up for years and have received mail that shows it was delivered 5 days prior to actually getting it.
The DBCS mail processing machine captures the image of the mailpiece as it is being run for the next day. If you are not receiving the mail in your daily Informed Delivery email then you must report each item as not received. USPS has no way of knowing where the curtailment is happening unless they have a place to start, whether it be the carrier, station or plant. You are the key to fixing the issue.

StLPro2A

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wish I could get somebody to deliver my mail and stuff like this hard-working, conscientious postal employee -- on a Sunday, no less:

USPS worker busted speeding over 100 mph in work van in race against Mustang: ‘Didn’t realize I was going that fast’​

Story says a sheriff's deputy in Ohio pulled over the woman and said he saw her and the driver of the Mustang take off from a traffic light and then clocked her postal van at 105 mph.
I guess she got off with a warning for drag racing and paid a fine for speeding.
USPS said it was aware but cannot comment on personnel matters.
(Maybe she's the only one that runs her route on time?)

https://nypost.com/2024/05/11/us-ne...racing-mustang-at-over-100-mph-in-postal-van/
Likely kicked her out of the postal union for moving above dead..... Very surprised USPS vehicle can go that fast. Harley/hunting, earlier ball playing buddies actually humping snail mail tell me their vehicles are governor speed controlled. Trust me, they have tested it at days' end.

Last edited:

StLPro2A

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’m okay with them keeping all that junk.

But for the record as I said my regular guy is regular as a clock and I’m on a rural route where road conditions vary with the weather.
My family and most of my friends have removed mail boxes from in front of all our properties. Drives the mail guys BONKERS NUTSO!!! No where to go with their junk mail. City plow knocked down my mail box while out of town. Arriving home 2 weeks later, nasty note on box...."discontinuing mail delivery until box is properly installed." VIOLA...my prayers answered!!! Never reinstalled box, junk mail gone....mailman entertainingly looney tunes!! Had used controlled, secure alternate address for years stemming from business security needs. Now all mail and packages go there, alternate secure box...UPS store.....looks like street addy, no tell of actual home location, cheap insurance. Accumulated mail in street box is a sure tell for assholes with bad intent that no one is home at the overflowing boxes. Not the neighbors' responsibility to clean it out. Also, don't discount the possibility that the assholes with bad intent work for USPS, or their friends......per my federal, state, local LEO friends and Harley buddies that actually are USPS mail men. A few bucks or a bottle buys a lot of street intel.

Latest posts

Top Bottom