Major A/c problems

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old Timer

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We had a wedding reception at our place with 30 ish people on the hottest day a couple years ago.
A/C gave us fits until I left the sprinkler on and aimed it at the condenser outside. It worked well the rest of the day.
Got it fixed the next day.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Mine went out this afternoon. 85 degrees inside here also. Guy who fixed it said it was a capacitor and that mine was the 4th he'd replaced today. Mine went out last year, as well.

I asked him why and he said, in his opinion, it was because they're now made in Mexico and the quality is not what it used to be.

elwoodtrix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mine went out this afternoon. 85 degrees inside here also. Guy who fixed it said it was a capacitor and that mine was the 4th he'd replaced today. Mine went out last year, as well.

I asked him why and he said, in his opinion, it was because they're now made in Mexico and the quality is not what it used to be.

hope he didn't rape you with labor for a 20 dollar part.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nope, he didn't. Mainly because I've decided to replace the whole damn thing. Been putting it off for 2 years. He replaced the capacitor last year and didn't even charge me for it.

tcart

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Both of my AC units quit today, happened within two hours of each other.
Just got both up and running again by replacing two capacitors.

loudshirt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Some time in July for the last 3 years at my old house the A/C stopped working. Once it was a wire that got knocked out by the weedeater and the other two were capacitors. I dont remember my parents ever having to replace parts like that when I was growing up in Oklahoma. It is just nuts how cheap everything is made now.

Latest posts

Top Bottom