Man accidently shoots himself in the face at gun range

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Truckdriver

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's why every time I go shooting, i wear a tight collared t-shirt. The first time I went shooting, this same thing happened to me but I didn't panic and wave my pistol around. I had a loose button down shirt on. Fired the pistol and the shell ejected, bounced off the dividing wall and went right down my shirt front. Now I wear the same style shirt but always have the t-shirt on underneath. Haven't had a hot brass reaction in a long time

mavs

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
He could just as easily shot someone else on the range if there had been anyone. I watch very closely other shooters and their mannerisms and gun handling when I'm at the range and others are there. In the last year there has almost never been anyone else on the range when I am there because of covid and the high prices for ammo. I am able to shoot during the week and go right after they open. It has actually been very nice that it is like that.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That guy is a wimp.
I was 12 and i had taken plenty of beatings from my old man and when he said do something you better do it or else.

We were pouring hot lead melted on the stove into a sinker mold in the kitchen and the mold did not fill out he thought he needed to cool it off to make it fill out.
He held it under the faucet and ran cold water through it and told me to hold it and no matter what do do not move.
I was on my knees holding the mold over a 5 gallon bucket of water as he poured the molten lead from the same pot we boil eggs in.
That lead hit that mold and exploded right in my face ... Hot lead stuck to my face and my arm and my shirt.

I did not flinch, just closed my eyes and held steady as I was told to not move and I knew if I did the pain coming would be 10x what that lead was.
The old man hollered put your face in the water.
That cooled it off a bit.
I left the kitchen and went to the bathroom and peeled lead off my face and arm.
That was my Dukes of Hazzard shirt that got lead on it . I was more worried about that than the melted skin on my body.

No crying or flinching and sure as heck would not carry on like that fool and shoot myself in the face over a hot piece of brass.

His Man card needs removed. And maybe a few other things.

I may not be all there though.
At a young age I did a test on which firecracker had the most energy.
Lady Finger, Black cat or Thunder Bomb.

Only way to really tell was to hold each one in my fingers until it exploded.
Lady Finger was the middle with Black Cat the lightest and the Thunder Bomb was the strongest.

You guys have had them go off in your hands I bet when throwing them.
Not all that bad.
This was 1980's stuff not the things from the 60's that would remove a finger. :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom