Man misfires gun in Walmart checkout line

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roachjuice

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you freeze the video, and look at the grip where the web of your hand would be on the gun.. the way it is designed, it looks like it was a Hi Point to me.. probably a 9mm...

there was a discussion on the hi point firearms forum about ccw a hi point c9. some people say yea its ok to keep on in the chamber some people say its not a good idea. i dont know too much about how the firing pin keeps from firing the bullet when its cocked so i couldnt tell you if it was safe or not. i think with a proper holster that covers the trigger it would be ok. unless something mechanical fails. but i dont know about that aspect of the gun.

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Gall dang if these people wanna shoot themselves in the azz can they do it when CC and guns in general aren't under so much scrutiny?

A Texan no less, they should know how to be around firearms.

Nimaro

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My understanding is that when the slide goes back it pulls the striker to the rear. When the slide starts it's forward movement the action catches the striker and holds it to the rear while the slide continues back into battery. The trigger is then pulled to release the striker which comes forward hitting the primer and starting the cycle all over again. So when you chamber the first round the gun is cocked. If anyone has a clearer understanding please feel free to clarify as I am by no means an expert.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My understanding is that when the slide goes back it pulls the striker to the rear. When the slide starts it's forward movement the action catches the striker and holds it to the rear while the slide continues back into battery. The trigger is then pulled to release the striker which comes forward hitting the primer and starting the cycle all over again. So when you chamber the first round the gun is cocked. If anyone has a clearer understanding please feel free to clarify as I am by no means an expert.

you are correct of course, but that is to say a glock is Not Always cocked. it must be cocked by chambering a round or cycling the slide. Just a clarification is all.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A Glock is cocked all the time

No it ain't; not really. If you just insert a mag and don't pull the slide to the rear to chamber a round, it's not cocked at all. It's partially cocked if the slide has been cycled either manually or by the action of its rearward movement when fired. The cocking sequence is completed when one presses the trigger to the rear thereby releasing the striker.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom